Home Chat General Chat

Turbo trainer - tyre burst

you got a turbo specific tyre?

Comments

• JustinJustin Posts: 15
    I beg your pardon, what I should have said is an inner tube burst. I have a Continental turbo tyre on though [:)]
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Tis simple physics m'boy!! Hot air expands, therefore as you cycle on the turbo the tyre gets SUPER hot and the psi in your tyre increases. After a few minutes ...........bang!! the tube reaches its threshold and pops. Put less pressure in your rear tyre next time!!
  • JustinJustin Posts: 15
    What pressure do you advice?

A bike shop told me that the tyre should be a high pressure for use on turbo trainer, I suppose it's all according to interpretation of high pressure.

How long do most people normally spend on the trainer?
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    About 90psi should be fine......

Longest I'll spend on a turbo is 2.5 hrs, boredom factor.........

• treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    It could have been a faulty tube. I have a Continental Home Trainer tyre and a regulat butyl tube and give the tt a right old thrashing every week and have had no problems.

Check tyre for shards of glass/metal

Always inflate to reccommended pressure (Boyle's Law)

Inflate tube before putting it in - pay particular attention to valve and valve joint

• husslerhussler Posts: 237
    I inflate my turbo tyre to 100psi......and I proper smash out sessions on it.....in some sessions ill hit 600W on the Taxc Flow or on other sessions ill hold a fast pace(37kph) for 3 hours..with no probs