Home Chat General Chat

Liquid Leisure ... oops not Heron..Evening Swim Race & BBQ

joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
Doh...Should be focussed on this and not my work!! It's Liquid Leisure not Heron...[:)]

Anyone going along to this? It's the evening of the 25th June at Heron...

http://www.openwaterswim.co.uk/

Comments

• JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    Oooh, might do. I've not done that distance open water before, so it'll be nice to see if I can do it. Are you going?

JB
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Ooooh looks good, but the wrong side of London for me.

Not sure RS will be doing any swimming though, not if his arm was anything to go by on Sunday at Windsor. Having said that, he could probably beat us all with it tied behind his back.
  • i160978i160978 Posts: 13
    Been down there twice in last month. It's a really good setup and makes getting up at 5am on a Saturday actually quite enjoyable. Unfortunately I cant make next week but good chance to get family involved in what sometimes feels very lonely training.

What has Stannard done to his wrist? I'm sure he was in the water 2 weeks ago at Heron Lake?
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    What has Stannard done to his wrist? I'm sure he was in the water 2 weeks ago at Heron Lake?

Someone took him off his bike - going pretty quick... Then tried to drive off - got caught though!!
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Is this at Heron or Liquid Leisure?
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Liquid Leisure - well spotted Jon....[:D]
  • DavidHDavidH Posts: 47
    Yep, will more than likely be there for this.

D
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    I haven't done this distance - ever - but am prepared to give it a go..but as most of my friends are beer swilling, wine drinking normal folk...they have no intention of joining me and some friendly forum folk will be most welcome!! [:)]
  • Phil TPhil T Posts: 49
    So your friends are more liquid lunchers?

Always good to get some more open water swimming in. Only ever do it in races and I'm suprisingly ok at it. Dreadful in a pool...
    I'm still contemplating this. Anyone else about?
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Bit of logistical nightmare for me, but I might be there saturday or sunday morning... Probably Saturday about 7.30am ish if anyone is around.
    This was good fun last night. I managed to get round in 28.51 which is the fastest I've ever done for 1500. Good BBQ afterwards. Goot to meet Pat and see Joolz again.

Hopefully they'll have a few more events later in the summer.