Home Chat Race Chat

Henley on Thames Tri

2»

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    I can't remember what time i put down for the swim, i hope i wasn't hugely optimistic (or ridiculously pessimistic when guessing at the time...oh and I'm number 120
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    I'm off at 10:08:20, number 206.

As it's run by the same crowd who did Stratford a few weeks ago, yes the time are precise, and yes you do start at the the time they tell you. As to the start order, it's fastest swimmers first. On the racking within 15 minutes of start time, that didn't really apply, I racked about 1 hour before I started.

Worst issues with Henley as I can see, is it's a 15 minute walk from the car park to the transtion area, and T1 and T2 are in different locations. Anyone know how that works?

• From the map on the website it looks like T1 and T2 are just around the corner from each other. Apparently you leave your swim kit in the ASICS bag they give you with your name on it and they store them for you till you finish.
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    i put down 9.30 but have been doing the swim in 8.30....oh well...thought it was better to chase people than be chased... [:o]
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    when i originally asked about this they said the first start time was 9am...so maybe you're the fastest in the pack mintymat!!!
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    At the Stratford event in May, I was speaking to some other competitors staying in the same hotel, and they were preparing for IM Lanzaraote, and admitted putting down slower swim times than they knew they could achieve, as they felt it was a great motivator and good practice to pass poeple on the swim, bike and run. So don't be too disillusioned of the wippets pass you on their carbon pimpbed bling machines.
  • MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    brizzichick wrote:

when i originally asked about this they said the first start time was 9am...so maybe you're the fastest in the pack mintymat!!!

Hmm, I don't think that for a second, last year there were plenty of 6mins. Oh well, I've emailed and heard nothing. I'll look as fast as I can and lead you guys off. I think I'll be found out as I struggle to get my socks and shoes on and set off on my Giant OCR3. Seriously though, I can't wait.
  • heymonkeyheymonkey Posts: 45
    I'm no. 61 going at 0920. I've put a 4:00 200m. Every pool tri I've done I've put an honest pool time and have always finished within 10 secs of it, yet I'm often ovetaken, but never over-take. People must alway put a slower time than they're going to acheive.

Really looking forward to this, I've even talked 3 first-timers into the fun tri too. I'll talk them into Ironman next!
  • I'm no. 608 and very excited/nervous as its my first time![:)]
  • DavidHDavidH Posts: 47
    I'll be there. Number 12. off at 9:04 i think.

• MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    Hi David, what did you put as your swim time? I'm very average and I'm number 1!