Home Chat General Chat

Oh bugger, oh sh**. IMUK is only 7 weeks (and a bit)

So having had 6 months of pure injury free heaven the ole IT syndrome has shown itself to be back with a vengance!!!

Had this issue 2 years ago when beasting myself in training for the London OD, but been clear since then. Have been so careful with my run training in building up to IMUK that it's boarded on non-existant!

The race is only 7 (and a bit) weeks away, I could only manage 2 hours on the bike at the weekend. Haven't run for 5 days and well if we are honest getting better at swimming for this race isn't really worth it. My training days are looking more sparse than Ronaldo's locker at Man Utd.

Have been icing it, taking the Ibuprofen and strethcing like a trooper. Massages too.

The thought of a 7 week taper is killing me...................................... DEMONS, DEMONS, DEMONS!!!

Comments

• ipay1980ipay1980 Posts: 84
    mate listen to your body. Most impt thing is not to over do sessions now, and rest/recovery is very underrated.

your endurance base should be built by now anyway. maybe get in the pool, and focus on swimming more for a week!

make sure you glutes, hamis, quads are all loose, as when they get tight, they all can start to pull each other.

here's to a speedy recovery for you.

• WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Cool. I assume it's not caused by sh*tting myself?!?! [:D]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Nah, It's a really heavy wallet causing drag. CH will do some therapy to lighten it.

• BARNYBARNY Posts: 157
    Just remember that you will do much better in the race if you take it easy untill the day rather than keep hindering your recovery trying to trian..

• durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    There's that really awful - makes grown men cry - rolling on the foam roller exercise you can do to loosen it off. It is pretty dreadful though.

Take it easy and hope you're back on form soon