Home Chat General Chat

Bugger

pippip Posts: 170
No running for me for at least 4 weeks.

The reason for this is when i did Nantwich i pulled my achilles which is something i`ve never done ever in any sport.Any way rested it for a couple of weeks and it felt fine,so on Friday evening decided i`d do a gentle 5k just to see how things were with said heel.Bugger me 3 k into the run i felt the pain return so walked the rest of the way home.Got home and did the ice thing went to bed and when i woke up Sat morning i could hardly walk,sh*t,sh*t,sh*t .So it`s rest rest rest fer me.I`ll concentate on swimming and cycling for the time being and hope it repairs fairly rapid

Comments

• brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    ph damn....! hope you get better quick pip...take care of that heel
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    It's worth seeing a physio or some suitably qualified professional!

Good luck. Feel for you!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Take care of that heel. Dont try and do anything you shouldnt. You need all to be nice and fixed before you run again and 4 weeks isnt that long. You wiont lose much in the way of fitness.

Hope it's okay soon!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    hope that it heals up soon, but you have to be really careful with the achillies. A friend on mine who was a very good sprinter in school (national level and was fastr at 13 than i have ever been over 100m) damaged his achillies playing football, though nothing of it once it had stopped hurting, so went back to running. First time he pupshed the speed after than and 'crack' he still has a slight limp and needless to say he doesn't run anymore, in fact he can't run anymore, not even for a bus. This is not meant to worry but just to let you know how serious an achillies can be if you don't treat it right. So i would suggest seeing a physio like Jack said