Home Chat General Chat

Deva Triathlon - 21st June

JulesJules Posts: 987
Anyone else doing this? This will be my first OD race so I excited and nervous at the same time. I'm in the first wave at 8am.

Deva is organised by my tri club so hopefully it goes OK for everyone.

I'm a bit concerned about the weather forecast, which has it down as being quite windy on Friday and Saturday on the BBC five day version.

Entries are still open BTW, they close at midnight on Thursday.

Comments

• stubtoestubtoe Posts: 9
    Yeah, three of us from Mid Cheshire Tri Club are doing it. Will be my first OD too so bit nervous, but mainly excited! I'm in the first wave too which is a bit daunting cause that means that theres a lot of people setting off later who can overtake me on the bike and run!!!

We rode the bike course last week so we'd know what to expect on the day and it seems like a pretty fast course, although if its windy then it won't be as much fun...

Heard its a well run/marshalled event so looking forward to it!

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    Hi Stubtoe. I work with one of your lot.

10 minutes between swim waves. Forget the bike and run, I'm just hoping no-one from the second wave catches me in the river!
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    how come none of you are doing the liverpool one??? it looks like a really big event with closed roads etc.

nobody on this forum seems to be taking part
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    I'm doing it as well, it will be my first OD under race conditions. Also doing it with my brother, he's the only person I know stupid enough for these sort of things.

I'm very excited and a bit nervous, and I'm in the first Wave. If you want see me I'll be in the first wave with a hat and a black wetsuit on.

If anyone wants to meet for a tri220 coffee after let me know.
    andyb99 wrote:

how come none of you are doing the liverpool one??? it looks like a really big event with closed roads etc.

nobody on this forum seems to be taking part

Ah, the enemy!! No, seriously, Liverpool looks good, hopefully the two won't clash next year.
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    does this deva one have a website???
    www.chestertri.org.uk
  • MackaMacka Posts: 2
    Looking forward to this one myself, first Oly.

Not doing Liverpool as I had already entered Chester before Liverpool was announced.

Anyway i taste enough of Liverpool docks every Wednesday, will be interesting to see how the Dee is on the palette!

8.30 wave

• stubtoestubtoe Posts: 9
    Jules - I'd never even thought about that... Now you've really got me panicking!

Which one of us lot do you work with then and how come your not a member of our club??? [;)]