Home Chat General Chat

Vid of how to mount the bike with shoes attached to bike.

I have noticed a fair few posts recently on how to jump on the bike out of T1 with the shoes attached to the pedals...

If people want a vid of how to do this with commentry ill do one this week of what I do and post it on you tube...

Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Let me know :)

Comments

• clarkey30clarkey30 Posts: 270
    very good idea

• joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    good idea.....
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Super idea!
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Yes go on. Don't forget to include any falling on your arse outtakes [;)]
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Good idea!
  • husslerhussler Posts: 237
    Ok deal done.... Ill get one done this week and post it on you tube then post a link on here:)

And if there are any outtakes Ill include them too!!
  • brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    fab idea....just in time for my first race with tri shoes this sunday
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Already done!

Gatorade Transitions tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19fN9FdWbw

2:30 secs in shows elastic bands on shoes

4:30 secs in shows getting on the bike
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    they don't actually show how they get into the shoes, and not fall over on the bike at the same time though...... that wa amazing how quickly the girl got the wet suit off
    I will do my best to include me slotting feet in and setting off too.... ill get my trusted camera woman (the Missus) to run alongside and get all the action in haha

Plus can do a T1 set up (without racking) to show you what I do in T1 once wetsuit is off.

If weather is good ill do it 2moro night
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Idea of the onth I think.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Hussler, I hope you have a stabilised gyro camera for the missus , cos we dont want any of this shaky stuff. Unless you're going for the blair witch transtions feel, in which case, excellent!
  • gaterz1981gaterz1981 Posts: 233
    your missus must love you!
  • steve785steve785 Posts: 52
    woa be careful dude!!! cool idea though not got the bottle to try it incase it goes tits up and i lose valuble time!!!
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    I seem to remember finding some vids on youtube of somebody doing this in their living room on some rollers. I'll have a look.... I'm going outside. I may be some time.
    Vids done..... a little shaky lol its quite hard to capture, just uploading to you tube ill post links later..

see if you can get the idea of whats going on....

I will give it a go whilst on the turbo see how that goes???? the only thing im concerned with doing it on a turbo is that its not a real situation.....