Home Chat General Chat

South Cerney 21st June

Hey folks, anyone doing this sprint tri? It'll be my first open water race (lake swim) and I was just wondering if any of you bods will be there!

Comments

• First timerFirst timer Posts: 139
    Hi Jesster I will be there , Racing the olympic distance. Have heard that the water is clear and course flat.
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Moi aussi!

I will be the old fat knacker at the back of the swim, will post my bib no when I found out what it is.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Me too! Planning to be ginger and red-faced, because it's always such a good look.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I shall be there. It's my first Olympic distance, so quite excited about it. I am hoping for a sub 2:30. But we'll see. If I manage it, I have a feeling it will be close!
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Aaargh, guys I was going to do the OD too but settled on the half OD this month and plymouth OD next month. Wish i was doing it with you now.....[:(]

Oh and i'll be the one with a smiley on her leg making all the noise [:D]
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Yeah so I'm sprinting as well, no OD for me, sounds like madness!

Smiley on the leg, nice idea, I was trying to think of an alternative to the t-shirts for identification purposes during the race!
    MOWF. i hope to be on your time for sub 2.30 so see you there.[:-]

I will post number when i get it.
    Forecast good for this one. [8D]
  • adamjadamj Posts: 7
    I'll be there to...sprint only though. Top venue for it. swam there last week and the water was pretty warm, bike course should be a fast one too. Just get ready for a hot run...sheltered by trees most of the way round!![:)]
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    So the 'Jesster Chase' is afoot

So what happens we give Jesster a head start?

See no start numbers have been posted so will keep a look out for a noisy female with a smiley [:)] on her leg. That is going to be fun![:@] I am blind without my glasses so I'll have to go around squinting at all the ladies' legs close up and if confronted by some giant of a boyfriend have to explain that I'm only looking to see if she has a smiley! Yeah that is going to stop me getting my head beaten in.[&:]
  • Phil TPhil T Posts: 49
    I'd really recommend this as a I did it last year and its a cracking race. Speak to VO2 see if you can swap to the OD they are quite flexible. Lovely lake, transitions close to the lake and bike and run routes and its nice and flat. Real PB territory

Plymouth is in Devon...Devon means hills...big hills. Coming from Newquay I'm sure you are more than aware of this. Are you doing Newquay to? I did it last year. The swim was very emotional in fact so was the bike and run
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    further to Phil T's post I believe that the venue has changed this year... its now at lake 32.

Though that too is flat everywhere... run, bike AND swim.

;-)

didds