Home Chat General Chat

Turbo trainer issues

BexHBexH Posts: 226
Hey, just wondered if anyone knows how you can adjust a Tacx turbo trainer to fit smaller ladies wheel sizes? (Cheryl- help me out; you know what size Tessa is! Don't know which number to look at on the wheel/tyre!)

Kind of remedied the situation by ramming a long screwdriver through some holes in the bracket to prop up the roller part (technical me!) and get some resistance which worked fine but I'm sure this isn't a good remedy long term for either my wheel or the turbo. Do you just get a longer screw part for it that fits into the T bolt on the adjustable underbracket or is just not possible?

Comments

• JoddyBearJoddyBear Posts: 66
    there should be an adapter kit thingy that comes with the trainer for doing just this.

i've got a Tacx trainer and no use for my adapter kit (actually called a 'Unit Mounting Adapter Set') so if you haven't got one you're more than welcome to have mine.
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    I have a Tacx Satori and it came with a couple brackets that change the pivot point of the roller for larger and smaller wheels. They call it a fitting kit (part number T1466) I think.
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Cool cheers guys. I will have a root around in the bag and see what weaponary they provided with it. If I have no joy then I'll take you up on your kind offer JoddyBear thank you. I think it's a Tacx Syrius soft gel if that's the same type? Had enough fun putting the damn thing together so could be interesting...
  • JoddyBearJoddyBear Posts: 66
    Yep mines the kit for the same trainer.

If you can't find it then just PM or email me your address and i'll send it on down unless you're going to be at any of Crewkerne/Velociraptor/Bath next month in which case i could just hand it to you.

Depends how desperate you are
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Hi guys, finally I have managed to get back on here after a long gap and lots of troubles! I have scouted around for the turbo bits bag and it would appear I have the necessary part already as suggested so thank you for your kind offers but reckon I'm sorted.

Now I just have to work out how to fit the stoopid thing together....
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Don't ask us, we're men, and don't do the instruction thing. Just make it up as you go along, and hopefuly it will hold together.