Home Chat General Chat

Anyone esle having forum probs

I'm having major probs using the forum..

had to reset my password, can't change the password, its asking to log at every press of a button, the list goes on.......

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    A few teething problems I think...Close to pulling my teeth out!

Lets hope they clear this up. Have emailed my frustrations to them.
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    you are not alone!

I expect they'll get it straight soon - fingers crossed
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    also had reset password, had to logon a couple of times...hopefully settle down over the next few days...but at least no spammers!....yet
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Managed to upload my avatar... only 90 x 90 pixels now though so a bit smaller. Click on the 'User Control Panel' (underneath 'Board Index'). Can't change my password though and still having problems getting logged out.

Grrrr
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I am having problems and I now have issues with the forum! I dont like the way it reads or looks1

Maybe I just need to get use to it but I hate it a present!
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Just had an email from 220, things should be working.

I'm not having any problems now, just the avatar size to sort out.
  • McKennaMcKenna Posts: 12
    hay its squareclare hear under a new name... i got locked out due to the forum change
    but i am back now!!
  • BexHBexH Posts: 226
    Flipping hell, I'm a graphic designer (not for web stuff admittedly) and can I get an avatar to upload on here that doesn't look like its being viewed through the bottom of a pint glass? Can I F**k. Grrr.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Clicked on "mark posts read" (or whatever it is) thinking (!) it would be the same as before ie mark the posts in that forum as read... but it marks ALL posts in ALL forums as read!

now i can;t tell which posts in each forum I have or haven't read/am not interested in any longer!

didds
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    ... and now it DOES show ALL posts available again...

If I click on "mark posts read" I now get

"
    Information

The forum you selected does not exist."

didds
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    oh i'm not having any trouble but i'm not sure about the way it looks on here now. Oh well, I'll have to adapt, overcome and move forward
  • woodywoody Posts: 52
    god what a fuss to get a password reset. 6 emails for a password reset, and finally get in, but is it worth it, i don't like the new look, and not sure it's so easy to find your or my way around.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Crap - I hate it. They should have used a Yuku board.

Anyway, I can't get my avatar up and my teamlaws link at the bottom of my posts is not active anymore so you can't click on it and get redirected.

I have some fiddling to do
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Does the search function only work on new posts/threads since the change?

It's not finding anything I search for.
  • MintyMatMintyMat Posts: 98
    It's certainly different. Seems quick though. Wish we'd been warned. I guess we don't have to be here. 220 don't owe us anything. We could always set up our own forum and moderate it exactly how we like.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Well that was a journey...now I can't change my password..I will never remember this one..any clues?
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    I like the new look and I'm sure everyone will get used to it.

Just testing a post in the hope it won't ask me for my password.....again.....
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    It's a complete pain. Only had a GPRS connection yesterday, so wasn't being too critical.

But it keeps loosing state - so I log in.. move to a different page.. and I've logged out.

Keep deleting all the cookies... might be working a bit better now.

We shall see.
  • the bellythe belly Posts: 125
    IVE JUST HAD TO LOG IN USING A NEW PASWORD THAT THEY HAVE GIVEN ME.. IVE TRIED TO CHANGE THE PASSWORD TO ONE I CAN REMEBER (MY OLD ONE) BUT WHERE DO I DO IT? CANT FIND IT ON THE SITE IT JUST KEEPS TAKING ME BACK TO THE BOARD... WHERE DO WE CHANGE IT?
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    I think they need to iron out a few glitches, hopefully all will be sorted eventually.

There's definately a bug where you click for account settings in your profile, to change your password, and it takes you back to the board index.

I also can't see a button for quoting posts?

On a positive note there is now a "first unread post" button which is really useful, and the smileys are far better, the ones on the old board were rubbish.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Jules wrote:

I also can't see a button for quoting posts?
    There is one Jules, but I think it only appears when you are logged in.

I liked the button that took you up or down a thread, but that seems to have gone.