Home Chat General Chat

Heart Rate monitor help required please...

I'm looking to buy one and have been looking on ebay.....
Which would be the best one to buy thats not too expensive? OR, does anyone have one they would like to sell? Many thanks! x

Comments

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Amazon are selling the garmin forerunner 50 for £30 again, it's not your top of the range HR monitor, but I like it, there were some old threads about it if they still exist.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    What sort of features do you need? Will you be wanting to track distance as well? Sometimes, buying the cheapest can be a false economy.

Do you want it to work underwater as well?

If you want something that is accurate and robust, then a low cost Polar would be good. Basic functions, but reliable. Most gym equipment (rowers, bikes, treadmills) are polar compatible. The Tacx Flow and above are also polar compatible.

The downside of polar is that they can be expensive to maintain (i.e. changing in the battery without breaking is a return to base job).

I have an elderly S410 which has lasted well and is far more accurate than my Garmin (which tends to give wrong readings at inopportune moments). Worth looking on ebay for something like that.
  • Thanks for your replies...I will now search Amazon!!