Home Chat General Chat

Have I pulled my butt?

BmanBman Posts: 442
Hi, any adivce is welcome. About 2 weeks ago, I was really going for it at the local 5km parkrun, the difference being I actually tried to run the downhill, and developed some tightness and pain in my left buttcheek/hamstring. So I wasnt sure if it was hamstring or glute but have been stretching both. After last weeks race, its gotten worse and is defo now the glute. Its tender to the touch, like a bruise. So besides the stretching, bit of massage (hard to get the muscles through the layers of insulation), Ive also read a foam roller can be replaced by a cricket ball. So I tentatively tried that yesterday...ouch...to loosen it up.

Anyone else experienced this before and got any suggestions?
Thanks
B

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Sounds painful Bman... Have to admit the title did make me laugh though!

No advice to give, just a bit of sympathy and a bump up to the top of the board again in case anyone else can offer any pearls of wisdom.
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    I've heard some women say they've pulled and arsehole, so maybe they could offer some advice.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Cheers Conehead, compression and rest does seem to help inthe evenings. Im not sure of the gradient of that hill, but it varies from steep to not-so, but its at least a mile long. Its the infamous Sawyers hill in Richmond Park.

It does make sense what you are saying (once again) cos Im not the best downhill, trying to restrict any overextension generally, and usually get overtaken. So going for it maybe wasnt the best plan, but I did get a PB for the course.

Next question: how do you correct for that, perhaps by slowly building up strengh and flexibility by increasing dowhills runs?

Got an ice brick on it right now.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    I agree about the coaching, Im going to try join a tri club next year, and hopefully move up the middle or long distance one day, which means rookie long distance day for me too. Thanks for the advice.