Home Chat General Chat

Bike Tyres

Guys,

A question. I am using Blizzard tyres and have noticed that there are two small cuts in both tyres,

On the front wheel - two about 1-2mm wide one along the line of the tyre and one accross
On the rear wheel - about the same.

I am not sure I would have noticed them except I have blue tyres so the black underneath stands out.

The question being - Do i need to replace my tyres before I have some kind of horrible accident?

What size cuts would I be looking for to replace?

Thanks for your help
Chris

Comments

• Xyzee_ukXyzee_uk Posts: 100
    Thats Schwalbe Blizzard by the way.
  • cammykcammyk Posts: 36
    Its only going to be a potential issue if you get a sharp object into the same hole. I had the same on my Mitchelin PRO's and ran then for a couple of months after without issue. These were just cuts that never made it through to the tube so the kevlar layer did what its supposed to do. Usually the back is worse than the front due to additional weight on the back
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    You now have a set of training or turbo tyres! How exciting!

Nothing will probably happen as a cut that small is pretty negligible, but for any race or long ride, I'd swap out a newer tire. Keep those for when you commute to work or for on the turbo since flatting there isn't as big a deal as when you're racing.