Home Chat General Chat

Forum solution?

Hi again everyone

Apologies for the forum woes you've been experiencing, but this just in from the tech bods downstairs and, so far, it seems to be working for us (the log-in/out/in/out thing at least!).

To quote:

'I’ve deleted all the board cookies, which will mean everyone will have to login again, but hopefully no one should have any further issues with their cookies.'

I've just amended the avatar settings so it should be over twice the size (200x200), but if that isn't large enough then just reply back on this post. The “edit Account Settings” problem may take some more time, though, so apologies in advance for that.

Cheers, the 220 Team

Comments

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    Many thanks.

I can confirm that I am no longer having problems with being logged out all the time.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408

I can confirm that to go this posting a reply stage I've had to input my username and password three times.

I also cannot access my control panel page to sort out my avatar........

PLEASE SORT THIS OUT.........
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Finally cracked it - had to delete my internet history/cookies etc. Then it didn't log me out every time i logged in....
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Thanks willtri..was losing the will to live the amount of times I've logged in and been logged out.
    As soon as I posted having no problems any more, I started having problems again!

220 have sorted me out, maybe for good, maybe not
  • YESSSSS!!

Thank you Willtry, I've been unable to log on at all since the change everytime i put my password in I got a message saying i was logged in but was then immediately redirected back to the login page! very infuriating... deleting all cookies fixed it!
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Thanks Will....did your trick of deleting histroy and it worked!! Hurrah..not that I have anything specific to talk about or respond to at the mo..but it was driving me mad!! :roll:
    A tip - go into cookies in your brower and just delete the ones called 220 - this has done the job for me at home rather than deleting all of them and buggering up the settings for everything else.
  • FayalobeFayalobe Posts: 3
    Just booked and paid for my first triathlon at the end of August. Trying to kickstart motivation to train and loose weight.
    Any mantras please to inspire that motivation? I'm talking the talk but am seriously finding it so tough to walk the walk.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Does anyone else keep clicking 'Save' instead of 'Submit' their posts.........if only the buttons were the other way round. Or maybe that's just me.

Sorry, just a test post really to see if it'll log me out.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

Finally managed to get a password and log in!!!!
    The logging out is back!!!
    Currently, when I click my bookmark for the 220 Forum, I am taken to the 220 homepage.
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Oh gawd...I'm now stuck in a time warp!! When I view the forum it tells me the last post times correctly...when I log in they are an hour behind!!! I have enough problems trying to organise myself without the added confusion here!! :roll:
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    So.....lots of technical issues, a rather cheap and nasty look and feel andHORRIBLE flashing banners and ads - all to create a more secure environment that would prevent spammers?

What a waste of time!

blurredgirl
    The spammers are back anyway.
  • Don't know if other people have mentioned this, but I don't seem to be able to search for old posts that predate the move to the new forum.

Am I being stupid?
    Is this going to be sorted out?
    if not soon, is there any way I can get around this without scrolling through every single thread?