Home Chat General Chat

UK 70.3 2010 Preregistration

Having been firmly bitten by the tri bug this year I thought i'd step up to a half ironman next year to give my training some focus over the winter. I saw that pre registration for next years UK 70.3 had opened but when I try to register I keep getting a 500 - Internal Server Error (I've tried a few times since yesterday on a few computers).

Has anyone else tried and got this problem or is it just me? And how long do they keep the pre-reg open for? There doesn't seem to be an email address to contact them about it either.

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    On a whim I just tried myself... Got the same message.

Quite relieved in a way.
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    In a moment of madness (well deep down I know it's what I want to do, and ought to do), I had a go at pre-registering, and yep, failure.

Wish I had my HR monitor at the time, becuase I think I would have set a new max when I finally pressed the submit button.
    Incidentally, as an alternative I was looking at the Austrian 70.3 on May 30th 2010.

190 euros to enter (so 190 quid these days)... really tempted you know. Oh christ what in gods name am I doing?
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    At least it's not just me that can't get it to work. Would be nice if they fix it before I chicken out though...
    Me too. My sphincter is twitching just thinking about it, and it nearly 12 months away, and I can't even pre-register yet.
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    Hi Guy's,

I wouldn't worry this happened last year as far as I remember, you shouldn't be worried about pre-registration your only signing up to say your interested, now once your actual entry is in, that's when you should start to shit yourself
  • IronABSIronABS Posts: 66
    Just add my name to the Internal Server Error guys...lets hope they sort this out soon
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    They seem to have fixed this now, I'm pre-registered. Now I just need to wait for the real registration...
    Me too. The first step of a long journey!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Oh dear what have i just started in motion?
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    What has become of me.... only 1 sprint done, another on sunday and an od in september..... Wasn't long ago that i said i will definetely not go above OD...Can only hope that i come to my senses before registration opens!!!
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    I've pre-reg'd too. I've got one sprint done. Possibly the Goodness Shakes one at the weekend, a couple more of the f3 ones, and then barcelona OD in october.

I think I've probably got something wrong with me
    It's not just you, it's all of us, must be a mid season thing. Don't let the press find out something is going around, or we'll have another pandemic on our hands!
    Have just pre-registered. Still fancy the Austrian 70.3 at the end of May, but thought I'd hedge my bets.

Oh god... Can we pre-register for Coneheads Long Distance Rookie Day as well?
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    and a little less hilly - my legs still hurt - still, I have preregistered too - glutton for punishment - but I might miss it if I can get a slot at IM Switzerland 2010
  • moobsmoobs Posts: 14
    Pre-registered as well. Going back to Wimbleball for another go. Loved every minute of it. See you there?!?
    why do i read this forum I'm now finding out about packages to austria 70.3
  • grant1974grant1974 Posts: 262
    I looked at Austria 70.3 but went for Germany instead, god knows why, it's much hillier
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Do they not do a 70.3 in Holland, it's nice and flat there !!!
  • I have pre-registered to go back to Wimbleball and smash my time!! Still think the organisers should put the race start back to about 7 or 8 to avoid the standing around and waiting at the beginning; still blaming that for my cramp (and sunburn)
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    flavadave and willtri... I am 99.9999999% certain to do Austria 70.3 2010... the only thing holding me back at the moment is the check that some chums that live 30Km away can put me up. It should be happening though.

See you there!

didds
    Nice one didds!

Might casually ask the misses tonigth if she fancies a break in Austria. Just checking the date as well and the Monday after is Bank holiday. Sweet!
    flavadave and willtri... I am 99.9999999% certain to do Austria 70.3 2010... the only thing holding me back at the moment is the check that some chums that live 30Km away can put me up. It should be happening though.
    Another month until Nirvana release their packages....

Oh dear - it seems as though i'm going to be there as well!!

Same plan - couple of glasses of wine and then.... "austria's supposed to be lovely at this time of year"!!