Home Chat General Chat

How do you edit a post???

Anyone know.

Cheers...

Comments

• JulesJules Posts: 987
    On your posts there should be an edit button top right next to the "report post" and "quote" buttons.

You can see edited posts like this. You may not see the edit message if it gets edited before there is another post on the thread.
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    I know some people have reported problems with it, but it worked fine for me earlier today!
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    so you can only edit it before there's been a post?!?
    willtri wrote:
    so you can only edit it before there's been a post?!?
    No, you can edit it whenever. Usually the post wiill say "edited by" etc but if the poster edits it quickly before there's another post on the thread (I think, might be before it's read) the "edited by" message may not appear.

test
    See, I got an edit in quickly in the post above - the word "test" doesn't have the "edited by" message after it.
    I've jsut got a report button...
    now i have a delete button but no edit - i'm confused !!!!!!
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    I also only have a report button.

No quote, delete or edit?
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    [toPh] wrote:
    I also only have a report button.

No quote, delete or edit?

Strange.

See his post: http://www.220triathlon.com/forum/post46709.html#p46709.

I was very clever and put a screen shot of the post it self - just to show that you really could edit it!
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Nope, not got them....
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    no edit or quote for me either

perhaps it is only the priviledged few...
    ris wrote:
    no edit or quote for me either

perhaps it is only the priviledged few...
    Hmm.. Browser version?

I've used various versions of Firefox from 2.x upwards. OK for me.

Is it showing you as logged in, in the top RHS? ie. "Logout [Your Name]"??
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Here's my post with no edit/delete/quote option.

[attachment=0:343b0got]post.gif[/attachment:343b0got]

I am showing as online in top right hand side.

Using Firefox 3.0
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    jack - i'm shown logged in but don't get edit/quote options using either firefox 3.0.11 at home or ie 7 at work. just tried (an admitedly older version) of opera, with the same result.

perhaps i've missed a tick box in my settings somewhere.... i'll have a look.
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    I've got the Quote buttons, but no way of editing a post, I have checked my previous posts from this morning and again no way of editing....
    Very strange. The FAQ says this:
    How do I edit or delete a post?
    Unless you are a board administrator or moderator, you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post by clicking the edit button for the relevant post, sometimes for only a limited time after the post was made. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic which lists the number of times you edited it along with the date and time. This will only appear if someone has made a reply; it will not appear if a moderator or administrator edited the post, though they may leave a note as to why they’ve edited the post at their own digression. Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.
    - I don't think it is a browser issue.
    - Don't think is it a time issue (I can still edit my posts - even the ones I made some time ago).
    - The delete option disappearing after a reply seems fine.
    - It doesn't seem to be a permission thing - i.e. the default is being able to edit your own posts
    - It doesn't seem to be a cookie/state issue - as you are still shown as being logged in (the software needs to know you are you so that it can mark the posts in the right way). But some aspect of this does seem most likely...

I've not used PHPBB3 before...