Home Chat General Chat

Today......i'll be mostly training......

as the forum seems to have taken a serious dive i thought a few old favourites might be in order (albeit re-named). So......

Today.....i've/i'll (delete as appropriate) be mostly training.......

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    45k ride in the glorious sunshine, joined by about a thousand flies and one lady driver who tried to kill me).
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    20k bike twice (commute) involving streatham and brixton hills (they're not particularly big but there seems to be a gentle incline all the from the office to streatham).

Tonight 1500m of swimming, broken up into sprints/drills/etc. I need to practice not swallowing water as i breathe, I know I need to drink but pool/lake water is not the right stuff (powerade IS)
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    Hello Mr Roberts,

I'll see your bike ride and raise you a morning run for half an hour in Windsor Great Park, and a 30k bike ride this evening in the same location
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    The plan is: a quick sprint on the bike to my favourite beach, a 700mish sea-swim and then a quick ride home again.

Also have to recover data from the hard drive of an exploded computer - DH is going to have to wait for that though because I NEED TO TRAIN!! Got my knickers all in a twist over Dorney - for some bizarre reason.

blurredgirl
  • maltesermalteser Posts: 25
    1 hour of bike to run brick sets (3 sets of 10 minutes LGDs on bike followed by a 10 minutes of T-run)
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Today . . . I'll mostly . . . lazing in the sun in the garden. Rest day. Will stretch though, and work on ankle felxibility. Tomorrow a rest day as well.
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Today I am still knackered after my first OD on Sunday!

I did cut the grass - does this count?!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Nice one Gary.

Today I've been mostly swimming this morning before work, cycle in and then meeting an ex-colleague for a few cheeky pints after work... Oh dear.

What ever happened to the Drinking Wall of Shame...? Sniff.
    I did cut the grass - does this count?!
    Yep!
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    It depends, what was your PRE during it.
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    I thought about cutting the grass...well I say grass, its actually an assortment of joined up weeds masquerading as a lawn....but went out & ran 2.5 k warm up...10.5 mins 4x( 2x100m sprint, 50m jog, 100m sprint, 50m jog) 4 mins recovery between each 2x etc. 3k home 12 mins. 5k bike to work...13 mins, spin class 45 min tonight & 5k back home.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    ...not sure about today - i'm either going to go to the tri club run session tonight - or the gym or swim. It all depends on how i feel when i get home from work. i did a nice 40 min swim yesterday and have openwater session tomorrow evening so it should be the run/gym...i'll see how it goes.
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    a nice 30 min gentle run before my 2nd sprint on Sunday....
    ...not sure about today - i'm either going to go to the tri club run session tonight - or the gym or swim. It all depends on how i feel when i get home from work. i did a nice 40 min swim yesterday and have openwater session tomorrow evening so it should be the run/gym...i'll see how it goes.
    Now i cant preach at all, but i seem to recall you (we) saying that we need to train clever, to plan our training and therefore improve and stuff....

....i still don't plan, its day to day for me.......you too?
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    by garyroberts » 23 Jun 2009 15:56 Now i cant preach at all, but i seem to recall you (we) saying that we need to train clever, to plan our training and therefore improve and stuff....

....i still don't plan, its day to day for me.......you too?
    Sort of, It is supposed to be a rest day after the sprint on Sunday but as it was a B race i have decided that i want to train through it - but i had a bit of a back niggle yesterday so swam. that's made my mind up a run it is, as i am biking to work and swimming tomorrow! Cheers Gary!
  • This morning I was motly swimming: 12 x 100m sprints in the local pool. My arms were agony after an evening 2.8k swim the night before. Unususally, I wasn't the only person there for training purposes...was nice to have someone to push off!

This evening I will be mostly Brick-ing: 60minute bike (first 30mins medium effort last 30mins flat out) followed by 30 minute run (still on the treadmill- I haven't got back on the road yet!)
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Yesterday
    1250m swim before work, 22kbike followed by 5k brick run after work.
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    .....how to eat chocolate/cake/biscuits/bars....oh and how to run a 10k in the sunshine & how to get back on my bike!
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    playing tag in the pool for 1000m - attempt to speed my swimming up - I get chased and then I chase - makes lengths much more fun and a pre-swim run if OH ever appears -managed a 7k in 40 mins last week and the best bit the Garmin download reported that for 75% I managed to stay at the same pace almost a straight line - Dorney on Sunday (B race) but plotting swimming tomorrow, gentle several hours between bike, run and swim Thursday physio Friday and day off Saturday
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    Glad to hear you're back in action Gary

Hill reps at lunch- warm up3 miles at 6:45-7min/mile to hill, 7x1m20s "sprint" up 5-20% hill with 30s walk, 1m jog back down, repeat. 3mile cool down - felt good so at 6:45-7min/mile pace. No commuting this week for fear of an off on the bike before sunday's race, so 45 min turbo tonight
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    1k swim followed by 5k run. Pushed the run..boy do I sweat!
  • danny_sdanny_s Posts: 235
    Started my run focused next 3 months today... morning 2 mile easy, 5 miles tempo, 1 mile easy. Swam 6x400m at lunch. Evening had 5 miles very easy. Rinse, recover, repeat tomorrow.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    light 2 mile run at lunch time around the aztec west (brizzle) circular road and this evening....

.. my first ever yoga class!

didds
  • Ron99Ron99 Posts: 237
    Morning: Lower back exercises, followed by high rep, low resistance strength training
    Evening: Turbo - warm up, 45mins Z3 with 4xhills, warm down.

Tomorrow morning: stomach followed by 1200m swim (mix technique and endurance)
    Evening: track interval session
  • GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Yesterday - Brick 17mile bike 2 mile run
    today - 5k run - 1.5k warm up and 1.5k cool down.
    Tomorrow - Job interview
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Plan a 10k run at lunchtime, followed by either 1hr swim or 10k run this evening - starting to get my endurance in order for 70.3 next year....
  • JonhinioJonhinio Posts: 289
    One lap around Heron lake this morning, and a 5k race tonight in Maidenhead.

Was lovely conditions at Heron today. Sat in the sun afterwards supping a coffee contemplating having to go to work and sit indoors. Very thought provoking.
    Reading all your posts makes me feel very inadequate.

Today.....i'll be mostly training my........swimming endurance, that is of course, as long as i get the advert finished (that i haven't started yet and needs to be completed by tomorrow).

Good day (nod of the head)
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    I am very envious of you Jonhinio that does sound like a perfect start to the day. Beats Mile End Leisure centre hands down.

Final swim technique class tonight, then start 12 week swim fitness course tomorrow morning... got a feeling I'm going to be the slowest!
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Wed: Lake 32 Aquathlon (750m swim + 5K run)

didds