Home Chat General Chat

Sickness after tri

Hello everyone I did Chester Tri at the weekend and went well I was well ready for it and good prep for the IM this year. since I got back on Monday I've been sick and even taken some time off work and that never happens!!!!

Now I've got the Brynbach Aquathon on Thursday and am wondering if I should give it a miss or just go and do it then rest.

Two more points sorry to go on, I've not been eating properly for the last two days and I had a really stressful week in work last week and I think it might of all got a bit much.

Or could this be a bit of a sign of overtraining?

Anyone else suffer from the post race sickness/tiredness?

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Is the Chester Tri open water?

I was coming out of both ends after Eton super sprint and into the next day as well. Can only put it down to swallowing some crap in the water. Haven't been that ill for a long time.
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Nicknofinger, I assume by the fact that you are doing the Bryn Bach Aquathlon that you are South Wales based. If so, there is a bout of Gastroenteritis going around, so you might well have that. I thin current advice is a 48 hour rest period from your last 'discharge'.
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    I think it might be best just to give this one a rest, gutted though I really wanted to do this one to confront the terrible one I had last time. But I suppose training/racing while sick is never a good thing.
  • moobsmoobs Posts: 14
    The locals don't call the river Dee the 'Diesel' for nothing. You will probably find you have ingested enough 2 stroke oil to lubricate and elephant into a wetsuit.