Home Chat General Chat

Book Update

And I'm sure by the end of this season there'll be plenty of new material for you to include... from myself alone!!

Comments

• aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    conehead - got your title yet?....what part of the market you aiming this at?...
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Have you thought about a Rookie raining Day DVD mate - that would sell like crazy.
  • cammykcammyk Posts: 36
    Is that excuse the literary equivalent of "A Dog ate my homework".....come on sir, your fans await
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    A guy at work vomited at the side of the river at the Deva Tri on Sunday, then had a pedal come off on the bike, then ran the run with a chocolate flapjack in the toe of one of his shoes

Despite this he still finished, in 3.23.

Sadly for Conehead, he's writing to 220 about it, in the hope of winning a pair of Newtons for the best letter.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    ... and as a reader of that sneaky-peaky advance look there;s already, before the end of chapter 1, a dramatic decsion made!!!

(roll of drums, disonant chords, shreiking phsyco-like violins and DAN-DAN-DAAAAAAAN !!!!)

didds (likely to be stuck in Bristol tonight cos of the double M-way accidents on M4 and M5 and so will miss the aquatlon :-( )
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Mr Conehead sir

My hand is raise so it m ust me turn to speak.
    Are you still wanting more stories if we get into some funny situations training or raceing?

This book could raise you to a TRIATHLON GOD! Could you upload your avatar and look god like please!
  • han382han382 Posts: 80
    Funnily enough, I read the first chapter this morning at work. I was intigued to see where you'd go with this one as didn't think there was much space after the first for a sequel-you're life had been ruined-end of story....

However I thoroughly enjoyed it-maybe more so than the start of the last book. Looking forward to getting my hands on the finished version now-maybe you could serialise it in 220 Triathlon!!!

Dissapointed not to see any C-bombs or F rockets in there though, not very rock and roll.

Keep up the good work!
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    It is indeed a good opening to the book, and of a story I had not even heard muttered in the forum world!!!

Quite the surprise.................................
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Yeah, Come on Darren. I took your book on Holiday to read on my sunbed, but it was such a good read I had finished it before I got off the plane (4hr flight).

I can't wait for the next episode - could be the answer to the end of the Famous 5 series.....