Home Chat General Chat

Orca Tri-Suits

I'm 5ft8, 32in-34in in the waist, 82-86Kg and 42-44in in the chest... converting to CMs and following the sizing chart I'm neither Medium nor Large... I fit neatly inside the medium EXCEPT the Chest... I'm also large in the shoulders.

What would be the best compromise - to go for the large and it be a bit big in the bottom half but comfortable in the top or go for medium and be comfortable in the bottom half but tight in the top????

Comments

• Tim DTim D Posts: 64
    You sound a little like me. I have a broad chest and slim waist. I opted for a two-piece. Then you can order a medium bottom and large top!

Tim
  • Hmmm... this is what I normally have to do with track-suits, suits etc - buy seperates... like the idea of an all in one and as they're "stretchy" thought there might be enough "give" and wondered which way round was considered best "fit" - I can't imagine you and I, Tim, are the only ones who have non-standard "frames"!
  • Hi JohnH

I would go for the loose chest option as the last few tri's (only done 3 sprints!) i have done, on the run you will be going all out meaning screaming lungs! Deep deep breaths and maximum lung capacity and trustme anything constrictive around your chest area you will really feel it, you will feel like you are being suffocated.

I generally undo my trisuit at this stage to aid breathing, to the horror of my wife - i get told to do it up you look awful!

good luck

Ian

• jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    I'm about the same weight and chest (bit taller) and got the large. Its a bit tight getting into it but once you are in it doesn't feel tight. If you're concerned get the bigger size. If you feel its too big you can always send/take it back!

They are the business tho!

[:D]
  • Why are you so determined to buy Orca? Best option is to try several on in your LBS. they may all end up as different fits. I was talking to a guy at an event on Sunday who said he is on his third Orca trisuit and all of them have had problems with the lettering peeling off.

I went determined to buy an Orca because i liked the black and white image however they didin't have my size and i ended up with a Sugoi and it's great.

David
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    Also a good point... I've worn mine twice and the lettering is alreading peeling off a bit!
  • BonusBBonusB Posts: 279
    Go for the smallest size possible, I got one that was too large and it bunches up in the crotch. Not a happy experience on a 40km bike ride.
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    I got a club stri-suit despite liking the orca killa range (too much) I too have the sizing problem and would have probably gone for a 2 peice thing but found my club has an order with a sports clothing compant that make trisuits (cost me £55) they made it to fit and the quality is superb.

http://www.impsport.com/

dunno if this will help - but it may be worth seeing if your local club has a suit ....

madnurse (phil)
  • I've had an orca - and they ride up the legs and bunch up in th crotch, mine was a large and I am normally, chest is fine, but christ it hurts biking after a bit, changed to an asics with short sleeves in medium, which is a bit tight, but well comfy and looks great, and now I'm on an ironman short sleeve, comfy and good shorts. doesnt matter what i wear i still look chunky!!!

Ian