Home Chat General Chat

Things that dont work/bugs on the new forum...

Was thinking that we could get a list together and forward it to James Witts to try and get them sorted - might work better than individual moans!!

To start:

No Edit button (for some users?!?!)
No delete button (for some users?!?!)
No Search facility of old posts (pre change over)
Spam still coming in (need admin rights)

Cheers,

Will.

Comments

• brizzichickbrizzichick Posts: 166
    if your post is particularly long..you can't see the end and then the cursor bounces around the place...basically it doesn't seem to scroll
  • BlurredgirlBlurredgirl Posts: 292
    Rant begins:

Not something that doesn't work technically - but the animated banners and advertising are distracting, irritating and insulting. I don't need to be told what products to buy or which races to enter - that's what I buy the magazine for.

I've already emailed James about this as I find it particularly annoying and puts me right off both using the forum and buying the magazine. I don't need or want all this stuff in my face when simply using the forum.

Rant over

blurredgirl
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    When you are replying or adding a post you can't now shrink the page and then read what you are replying to..so you have to remember details, not something I'm particularly good at.

Plus the submit and save buttons should be round the other way

Can't amend my Pword have tried and tried

Can't PM directly from a post (well i don't think you can - might have missed it)
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749

When you are replying or adding a post you can't now shrink the page and then read what you are replying to..so you have to remember details, not something I'm particularly good at.

One thing I have noticed after much similar frustration is that when you are replying to a post if you scroll down the page you can see the thread history.

Don't get me wrong though, I ain't bigging up this new forum!
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    @ Joolzd - If you scroll down when replying you see all the other posts below. The top one is the most recent! It isnt perfect but I hope this helps you!
    Flavadave wrote:

One thing I have noticed after much similar frustration is that when you are replying to a post if you scroll down the page you can see the thread history.

Don't get me wrong though, I ain't bigging up this new forum!

Dam you Dave you beat me to it! makes my post look like I did n ot read it all.

Good post though dude1
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Thanks guys.. .but that doesn't work on my machine it doesn't scroll anywhere..maybe because i'm using the new version of IE8 and Windows 7!! Hey ho.... plus the other thing I remembered was:

Times... when I'm logged in it's an hour behind (is the server in France or something) but when I'm logged out it's true gmt- that's also the case on my home laptop!! most peculiar!
    Looks like you have the time thingy right. I do believe you need to get out more. That almost seems a bit geekie!!!LOL

This new forum is baffaling me! When it comes to computers it doesnt take much!!! LOL
  • Yeay i'm just writing this as a test as i have been unable to log on until now.....
    agree with the dislike of flashing logos and don't like the format of the whole forum.
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Shoot me. I don't really have a probelm with it. I still ask stupid questions, and I still get good answers from the same people. I wasn't a forum member for too long before the change, so don't really miss it. Would like the search function to work though!

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Well, I was all frustrated with not being able to log in while still watching all these lovely topics go past. Imagine my frustration at not being able to vent forth with my usual collection of mis-informed, ill-judged and generally off-topic twaddle.

Finally managed to log in tonight - woo-hoo - so here I am, poised to unleash an unholy turd-spurt of opinion on all those topics...

...however, if this stupid damned web-site tells me one more time that it wants to install Flash then I am going to drive over to the 220 offices and let all their bike tyres down.

Hang on... wonder if it is because I'm running the 64-bit version of Explorer?
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Ah. That's better. Yes, folks, 64-bit IE doesn't work.

But then lots of things don't work in Vista-64 world. Wish I hadn't bothered with it now. That's what you get for building your own computer and trying to be flashy. Sheesh.

Oh, and where's the damned EDIT button?