Home Chat General Chat

Running Music

okennyokenny Posts: 231
I'm training for the Berlin marathon (Sept 20), so I have a lot of long runs ahead of me.
I hope it'll be good prep for my first 70.3 next year.

What do you listen to when running?? Especially on longer runs?
I like something with a beat, but not crazy dance music.
I often listen to the Killers albums, the beat seems to fit somehow...
Any reccemondations?
Thanks!

Comments

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    i have stopped listneing to music when i run, i prefer to be able to hear my breathing and listen to the quiet which is so hard to find in london, but I used to listen to music. I tended to listen to stuff like Slipknot, System of a down foo fighters, some muse songs were good to run too, anything with a good beat and that i liked really.
    how long until Berlin?
  • okennyokenny Posts: 231
    The Berlin marathon is on September 20th....12.29 weeks from today

I like to listen to music, I find I can be more relaxed and have a lower pulse. It's also good to take your mind off tired legs!Muse is a great tip, thanks!
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    I did some hill repeats last nigh to Siamese Dream by the Smashing Pumpkins. That was pretty good.
  • House Music all night long..

or does that come under the 'crazy dance' category ?

actually i like reggae for my lunchtime runs round regents park when it's sunny
  • I can recommend The Prodigy's new album (Invaders must die) for hard pace efforts, although this is sure to come under crazy dance I guess. Maybe more of Kasabian (Empire) for medium pace or Gorillaz (Demon Days) bit easier pace may do it for you, these both have good rhythmic beats and quite consistent throughout the albums.
    Cheers,
    DrJekyll