Home Chat General Chat

Aqua-Sphere 3.8km swim series

BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
Theres a 3.8 series?

Comments

• jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Having tried open water swimming for the first time in the sea at Bournemouth last night I started thinking about doing this today. Can you enter individual ones or just the series?
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Im doing the Dorney one. Will be my first long distance swim so building up to it, but getting a bit worried about an old shoulder impingement.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    If anybody can't make any of these dates/venues-on-the-dates I heard a rumour that there's to be a charity 3.5Km swim at lake 12 on a Tuesday evening soon raising funds for cancer. Not a sonsor job AIUI just a tenner in the pot and two full laps of lake 32 (ie not the 750m course, but safety boat supported full laps of the lake).

I'll keep you all posted if I hear more.

didds
  • Not sure I can make the one on the 5th July, but could conceivably do the 19th. I'm guessing that you don't think it's too soon before the Ironman (2nd August)? I'd probaby bring my turbo and treat it like another swim bike brick like on the rookie day.

Cheers for the info, if you don't think it is too near to the actual race it would be valuable experience!
  • WannabetriWannabetri Posts: 219
    Oh, I am doing the Blueseventy OWS at Dorney on Saturday 11 July. It's only (?) 3km though.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    ref: that charity swim I mentioned...

... check out "events"

didds