Home Chat Race Chat

Chichester Triathlon

Is anyone doing this? Looks a bit beyond me and falls on my wedding anniversary so I'm not sure yet but OH loved watching my debut at Henley and we could probably get there and back on the day. It says the bike is "challenging". I'm guessing South Downs, which suits me really as I train on the Isle of Wight. I'd love to hear anyone's experiences.

http://www.chichester.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=5057

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    bike route

same day as bath tri so i won't be doing it... and that climb looks like a bit of a sod!
  • steviedonssteviedons Posts: 10
    I will be there, my first go at an OD (although the swim is only 600m) only done sprints so far. Looking forward to it and have up'ed the distance I train to get ready.
  • tomtristomtris Posts: 135
    This is my home town tri. I did the bike leg last year as part of a relay team. I did it on a old mtb and it was horrible!

It's a good event and well organised. Swim is pool based in a 33m pool, transition area is on college field next to leisure centre.

Yep the bike is up towards south downs, a few challenging hills but fantastic area to race in.

Run is partly off road as follows old centurion way.

This year will be my first OD as well so looking forward to it and having the ability to do both bike and run route for training will be great.