Home Chat General Chat

Evans Cycle Mail Order

I've been into a few Evans shops before and found them ok (not good, but definately not bad), but recently made an online order and found the service shocking. The t-shirt was in stock with a 3-5 day delivery time, and 3 weeks later I've just cancelled the order. During this time at no point did they conact me to say the order was delayed, and I've chased them twice and have been told-it will be with you in the next few days. No apologies and they could only say we couldn't let everyone know their order is late as they would spend all day doing it!

I've now ordered the t-shirt from someone else-anyone else experienced something similar with them or is this just a one off?

Comments

• hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    I have always found Evans mail order reasonably good..... not as good as wiggle but better than others. Plus when They actually sent me a women specific saddle....(are they trying to say something? lol) I rang them and they said pop it into a store and they will sort it out.... which I did and no questions asked:)

They even gave me 10% off the mens saddle I re-ordered!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I didn't have any troble with Evans online - the order wasn't as quick as with wiggle, but it arrived within about a week. Unfortuantely the store near me as attrocious - not sure they'dknow how to recommend the right size for a road bike - and they didn't seem to from the test that i had on a few of the bikes - stand over the frame...yeah that looks right. but that's another thread
  • han382han382 Posts: 80
    Fair enough-I'l give them a second chance then and take them off my list of do not use companies.
  • han382han382 Posts: 80
    Just had a call from them this morning-after I cancelled my order on Friday they sent the top out anyway so now can't give me a refund until I send it back. In the meantime I've ordered the top from someone else (who incidently took 1 day to post it not 3 weeks), so now I have two identical tops-one of which I'll have to mail back to Evans.

2nd chance gone-bunch of jokers.
  • My experiences of Evans in-store haven't been great so I've avoided their site out of principal.

On the subject of Wiggle - I ordered a couple of tubes of Nuun last Wednesday at 1.30pm, selected free delivery (3-5 days) and they arrived on my desk at work in the Thursday morning post..... even got a small bag of Haribo thrown in too!! That's what I call service.

Its pretty shocking in a climate like we're in now that shops or online stores don't have a clue about the most important thing in retailing, customer satisfaction and service!!

I'd ask for some sort of compensation from them or at least to be reimbursed for the cost of returning the item you no longer want - if you don't ask you don't get