Home Chat General Chat

Holiday

deeessdeeess Posts: 150
I'm off to Turkey next week and cannot wait. Big difference this year is that rather than looking forward to drinking/clubbing/general excess I am thinking about morning runs and a lot of sea swimming. Think I'm getting old.

Comments

• A friend was in Turkey last week, rekons he was swimming about 3k per day in the sea .. (he likes to swim), I used to love it on the ol' family holidays, lots of sea swimming and boat trips .. fantastic !

of course, one or two nights in the club is perfectly acceptable .. mandatory white shirt under the purple lights ..
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    I just got back from Turkey Last week, went sea swimming every morning - a little chilly but nowhere near as cold as the OW over here.

The Ageaen Sea is very salty so it teaches you to turn your head well out of the water when you breathe.

I even had a local dog join me on a couple of days - and that dog could swim I tell you, I did a straight 2k swim and it was with me all the way.

Have a great time, wish I was back there !!!
  • Im SpartacusIm Spartacus Posts: 204
    Nice, I'm off there mid July, I'm looking forward to swimming, not too sure about the running though, will it be scorchio ?
  • deeessdeeess Posts: 150
    it will be cooking hopefully - running will be early morning or late evening only
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    I had a week in the sun about a month ago. Swam every day bar one, which did wonders for my swimming fitness. Did nothing else. I missed the bike, but not the running. Weirdly ran my quickest 5k ever two days after returning.
  • Im SpartacusIm Spartacus Posts: 204
    Deees, where bouts are you going ? have you been before ?