Home Chat General Chat

Garmin 305 HRM waterpoof

Hi

I know the 305 is not suitable for swimming in. But to reduce T1 time i would like to swim with the HRM strap on - but don't want to fry it. Can any one tell me if this is sensible or what i might have to do to make it waterproof?

Thanks

Martin

Comments

• sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    It will fry it.

The new HR Strap and Monitor - 310XT is fully waterproof.
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    A lass I know from our club has sealed her 305 using super glue around all edges and swims with it no prob.... however Im not sure what superglue she used as some will actually melt the plastic! doh
  • I've asked this question at the beginning of the summer.. the general concenus is don't do it..

but....

I have worn my at all 4 Tri's I've doen so far this year, 2 pool sprint, a 1/2 Oly lake and Windsor Oly (in The Thames) and it has continued to work without problems.

Don't sue me but.. wear it..

Scotty
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    The chest strap is listed on their website as waterproof (IPX7 - same as the watch) as it is under a trisuit and wetsuit I would be surprised if it had any issues (plus the battery compartment has O rings sealing it) - I have worn mine for training and competing and have had no problems (I don't wear the watch in the water though - that stays firmly attached to the bike for HR monitoring!

I.