Home Chat Race Chat

swim and bike events?

Hi everyone.

I've just joined the forum and wondered if anyone could help me out?

I used to be a competitive runner but broke my hip 2yrs ago and can't run anymore. I miss the competitive side of sport and want to start doing some events again. I currently cycle, gym train and swim alot and wondered if anyone knew of any events that just involved the cycling and swimming without the run?

I've seen lots of events involving run&swim or run&bike but no swim&bike!!! It's not fair!

Anyway,

Any information would be very helpful!

Thank u!

Comments

• JaneJane Posts: 1
    I think there's going to be an independent long distance race next year (Ross on Wye?) with an aqua-bike option. I've not seen any shorter swim-bike options though.
  • joelsiejoelsie Posts: 3
    Thanks for the info Jane.

Do you know how I can find out about it?

JO
  • madnursemadnurse Posts: 782
    hi jolsie .. there is an aquathlon at Eastnor Castle next month

http://www.monmouthtriclub.org/

dunno if this any use to you ??

madnurse (phil) [:D]
  • Hi Jane

It was good to see that someone else out there would like to do only swim/bike - running and me do not work no matter how hard I try to improve - I love to swim and am a capable bike rider - let me know if you hear of any events coming up and I will do the same
  • Hi

The website you want is www.tricoachinguk.org

(thats me)

We have the aquabike at Eastnor this year on the 24th of september.

From Next year 2007

We will be running aquabike at all of our triathlon events

Sprint at Lydney in may

Classic and sprint in July (open water)

Long Course In september.

All the best

Trev
  • I'd like to see more swim/bike too, there must be a demand. You could count me in! I'm so not a runner!
  • I agree!

I used to be a runner and loved it but I broke my hip 2yrs ago and had to have a hip replacement (I'm only 23yrs old now). I really miss the competitive side of sport and now swim/bike events are my only option because I can't do anything impact on my hip.

It's just a shame that there aren't more events that don't involve running for all us who can't/don't like to run!