Home Chat General Chat

On such a glorious day I'd far prefer to be...???

joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
Rather than being stuck in the office today and as I stare longingly out of the window at the beautiful trees, i could have gone for an early morning bike ride round the lanes, enjoying the cool morning air and admiring the countryside (whilst catching flies and trying not to look at roadkill or for that matter breathing in as I pass a squashed badger!!).... then late morning breakfast, sitting outside with a latte and croissant ..laze around, clean my bike...meet friends for a leisurely lunch.....then perhaps an early evening swim in the lake watching the sun set...shower change and a few beers to end then day...

What would you like to be doing?

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Well, I've booked this week off - last week of Wimbledon. Had planned to get in some bike rides in the morning, before coverage starts. But...

It is overcast here - quite heavy clouds - hoping they will burn off. And I'm having my op instead of a holiday - so getting ready for that!

So, I'm wasting time on here, waiting for inspiration! Or the tennis to start.
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Well, it's not so nice here - cloudy, still and muggy and loads of flies. Not that I wouldn't rather be out on the bike or in the pool than here. "Here" is a very hot office attached to an even hotter lab where I have just remembered I have some extremely stinky week-old bacterial culture washing up to do......

Although I do get to leave early to get a leaving present for someone before my osteo appointment so it isn't all bad.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Spare a thought for me.

I work on a building site and I'm in a steel construction site container, thats more like a melting pot right now. No fans cause its blows paper all over the place and would just be blowing hot air.....

No air conditioning..... cause steel containers don't come with them.

I'm sweating like a dog on heat so right now I'd rather be anywhere but here.......

Preferably on my bike doing a 30k-40k run.........
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    I get every other Monday off so currently sat at home doing bugger all!

Gonna head out for a swim in a minute maybe followed by a ride.

I do like my mondays off
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Thinking of you S11 - so hard, that I think I might have to go for a swim at Lunchtime, just to cool down (I wimped out of this morning's planned session).

However, I've just been reading oranj's blog (juleso's other half - not seen either of them since the forum "upgrade").. and it has alerted me to http://www.c2ctc.com/ - different monthly challenges to do on a Concept 2 rower - so, if the sun doesn't come out, I might slope off to the Gym and have a go and rowing up Ben Nevis!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I'd much ratehr be out on the bike for a nice long ride - having all day i could climb shooters hill then down the other side and off into the country somewhere, stop off somewhere green after a few hours for a snack then head back home about 2, get to the pool for 3 and swim for an hour, then after a nice cool shower go for a run this evening to top it all off. Oh and do the shopping clean the kitchen, hover, tidy the front room on second thoughts i have air con at work it's not so bad. who am i kidding
  • JoddyBearJoddyBear Posts: 66
    i'm also stuck in a thousand degree office with no fans or air con.

i'd like to be doing a nice slow set in an outdoor pool, followed by a 40-50 mile bike through country roads.

then home for a cool shower and some homemade burgers on the bbq.

maybe a cold millers.

ah, if only
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Hopefully it will still be nice tonight when I am out running.
    aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh......

It soooo bloody hot in here. I'm baking in this container.

I know this is a triathlon forum but I'm sharing this nonetheless. Heres a pic of my lovely steel cabins in a lovely shade of disgusting.

Can't wait to get home a go for a run.
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    It to be said I rather be doing many other things than working in this inferno I call an office.

I would rather be swimming in a flat and calm see with clear water and a white sandy bottom with the odd tropical fish swimming by. There will be a sun lounger and a table with a cold beer on it on the beach waiting for me to relax after my hard swim and then a short boat ride to an air conditioned indorr cycle track where i can race as hard as i like. Then over to my 7* hotel for a run on my very own private treadmill followed by a rain forest shower and then a sunset walk along the beach!

Now I am awake again and wondering who weote that above.................I would rather be anywhere than here at work. Training or just sitting back and chilling out.

Joolzd your day sounds pretty cool maybe I will do the same!

Shadowone - Is that a really your office? It looks like a self storage container!!!

Keep cool forum dudes and dudettes!
    Blinky,

Thats my office. I move around all over the place. Whereever the construction sites are, those are the types of offices you get. Incase anyone wants to set fire to them, only prob is that they are sooo bloody hot.

Want to train for the heat for an ironman, come to my office!!

My jobs actually pretty good, some construction site are pretty decent, the size of this job doesn't justify mega decent cabins.

Still, I'm still dreaming of a nice decent run, then a nice cool pint from Carlsberg Kegmaster.....now thats a recovery drink!
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    Competing in a triathlon of course!!!

And of course Joolzd would be there as well ... what the hey all of you are there as well - the 220 Forum Buddies Triathlon Festival in New Zealand or Australia (bit hotter)