Home Chat General Chat

sports/recovery drinks

2»

Comments

• good info combatdwarf, straight and to the point and not for some reason attempting to put everyone off trying to drink milk (like others)

I recall having a chat with you mr combatdwarf in the massage waiting area in Wimbleball, was a pleasure, well done again for completing the course after your numerous race day issues.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Just wanted to bring a note of warmth to those who afeeling a little rattled over the milk debate.. I've tried the milk and banana routine, while its fine I'm not particulary a fan of it. I will use it but not as often as others would.

I originally asked if there was a drink that covered both recovery and exercise... after digging about the information superhighway I'm now thinking their isn't.

I think FGS is a decent shift for me, I want to try and I've kinldy been giving a discount code so that I'm not taking a total hit should I not like it.

I may also look at Nuun as well, given that Conehead championed it when he was in Hawai.

S11
  • I like the TORQ drinks, they are not sweet at all
  • JulesJules Posts: 987
    Conehead wrote:
    Good to see this turned into a 'to milk or not to milk' debate - I have one set of nutritionists bleating on about not having dairy products as we're simply not designed to drink milk, 'imagine trying to milk a cow 20,000 years ago' they rage.

Then another set who say, 'no milk is all good baby, lap it up'. Chocolate milk is all the rage in the NFL, and I don't mean on the stands.
    I hazily recall being told at school that cows milk is not that far removed nutritionally from breast milk.
  • I am reminded of a scene in 'Snatch'...
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    Breastmilk per 100ml
    70 kcals
    Fat 4.2 G
    Protein 1.3G
    Carbohydrates 7.4G

Cows milk per 100ml
    60 kcals
    Fat 3.25G
    Protein 3.2G
    Carbohydrates 5.2G

sorry coudn't resist
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    I genuinely worry about what some people on this forum do with their time
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I HEREBY SOLUMNLY DECLARE THIS THREAD OFFICIALLY

DERAILED
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    I find the trouble with For Goodness Shakes drinks is that I want to drink 4 or 5 of them a day.... I love them. Is that wrong ? Costs a bit though so I'm still drinking 2 pints of the cow stuff everyday just cos I like it.

Cue someone telling me I'll grow udders, start chewing grass and shitting huge cow pats on my patio.