Home Chat General Chat

What training have you done today!

Comments

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    10k run tonight - usual route for me :- felt good but it was so warm and muggy, couldn't beleive it at 9pm

• nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    40 mile bike ride before work and a 17 mile run after work, a bloody great day training.

• md6md6 Posts: 969
    i did a nice bike run brick today, 1h40 on the bike, then a 5 mile run in 42'34 so not a bad pace, although i really felt it as it was quite warm out this afternoon

too late to head to the pool today so i will just do that tomorrow - hopefully that'll help the recovery as i hurt more than i was expecting to.
  • thebouythebouy Posts: 61
    This is the first time I have ever dared post on this thread! Did a dry run for my first tri (Harwich Sprint) next week. Did the whole thing including transitions in 1:26:53. Am happy as i've not put the whole thing together back to back before, but surprisingly critical of this. Already picking it to bits, my T2 was terrible (3:10, I got stuck in the exit to the pool behind 2 women chatting who were completely oblivious to anything!) and my run slow (24:53). Am now wishing I'd done more bricks as the legs just felt dead on the run. Oh well....hopefully the adrenalin will help next week!
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    Sat was an hour of swimming with drills to try and improve my shockingly bad swimming. 3hrs later a 45 min turbo (an experimental session - warm up then seated, using the big ring on the front, 2 mins of each gear on the rear, starting with the biggest and working up and then back down again) quick transition into 7mile run (47:12).

750m open water this morning (up late so not much time) which was lovely... this afternoon's session is still in debate.
  • treefrogtreefrog Posts: 1,242
    Yesterday (Saturday) 10kM run at recovery pace 47ish minutes nothing special

Very tired today so I had a self imposed recovery day

Saturday - 33 mile fatsihs bike - great weather if a little warm

Toady - hour swim with the Tri club - drills and speed work

• nivaghnivagh Posts: 595

short brick yesterday (saddle sore!) - 7 mile flat out on the bike, 2 mile hilly run. Slacker.

Swim session tonight.
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    6:00 this morning 2 mile run round the local road as fast as possible - def brings a sweat on!......with the kids being up all night it was all the time i was allowed before the chaos sets in so have to be flexible i guess [;)]...(not really worthy of a post but gotta get rid of this spam on the main page!)

swimming later.....
    every little definately helps!!

sunday ended up short open water swim(750m), 7 mile run (45:34)... really tough as I didn't refuel properly after saturday's session

Monday 4k row, 5k fartlek and core

Today, 18 mile commute in, 5k fartlek and the return leg of commute tonight.

• willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    So far today - a 15 min stretching at 4am then a 20 mile commute to work, and in 13 hours I'll be doing it all in reverse.

• RockmonkeyRockmonkey Posts: 14
    40 min pool session after night shift that woke me up ... Yawning & swimming terrible combo [:'(]

Going to ride to work tonight 12 miles 1000ft climbing.
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    10k run trying to incorporate some form tips from The Bible, mid-sole strike, higher foot lift and shorter stride.

Felt more tiring and lot slower than normal but did it in 44 mins, a bit longer than the pb of 42 but not as much as I expected.

Interesting running sensation.
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Osteopath yesterday so feeling sore and sorry for myself - going to try to drag myself to the pool later on for an intervals set but might end up being a gentle swim as I don't think they have the lanes in this evening.

Nothing else for now as back complaining at having to walk up hill this afternoon [:(] Poor me!!!! [;)]
    Tonight I had the local tri clubs' TT league. It was my most hatd circuit tonight but I still did ok - winning it with a pb, 1 minute clear of the next guy
    Monday night about 7.5k running - with a 5k race pace included - tried the Saucony A2's and was quite pleased ... running slow they felt awful but as soon as you stretch your legs they felt great :D

Tonight was going to do the local 10m TT - but missed my turn (ok I got lost) and missed the cut off for signing on by about 10 mins - so I watched for half hour and cycled back home - 17 mile bike in total.

Rode to work last night, 10 miles 1000ft climbing then rode home the long way round 12 miles and 1300ft climbing ... Not to mention the addtional mental alertness test of avoiding being hit by dozey drivers !
    hill reps yesterday lunch time- 3miles warmup to the hill, 6x1m20s reps 5-20% climb and 3 mile cool down. 40min swim in the evening - drills including a pyramid drill from one of the pointers on this forum very pleased with myself and getting more confident I'll be able to finish the swim without pulling out the breast stroke
  • cammykcammyk Posts: 36
    not much this week.

46k cycle in 1:38 on Saturday.
    10K run Sunday. Threw towel in early as I was dying due to dehydration.
    17K run Tuesday.
    30 mins swimming without using breast stroke
  • aoneill69aoneill69 Posts: 206
    Hour road biking on old trusty mtb with knobbly tyres!...builds the legs up..
    300m OW swim at Reading - including 2400m non stop - still loving the OW swim sessions
    rest day yesterday with just stretching and core

18 mile commute today followed by 5k fartlek - practiced race fuelling with Go gel and Nuun .. felt pretty good on the run, so that'll be a success then 18 miler back home tonight
  • jacjac Posts: 452
    Good 32k bike with hill reps yesterday. Time for main hill is coming down from 3.22 to 3.06 so pleased with that.
    10Km running early this morning - no time taken (too early to worry abot time!!) nothing special
    1500m ow swim yesterday when I picked up myshiny new wetsuit and for once didn't put iton back to front. today was a brick - 45min turbo, 7mile run (46:04). later in the afternoon 750m pool swim and a few drills before the cramp started to set in and I decided to call it a day. Goodness shakes tri on Sunday and really looking forward to it
    Brick yesterday morning: bike-run-bike-run
    Swim tonight, 10mi TT tomorrow evening
  • combatdwarfcombatdwarf Posts: 258
    Good swim set this morning
    3x200m w/u (swim/pull/kick with fins)
    10x100 (5x fins/4x pull/1 drill)
    100m c/d

Wanted to go longer but had to get to work
    Half an hour dunk this morning (I was running late!) and a 10 mile TT this evening.
  • McKennaMcKenna Posts: 12
    5 mile run at 9am
    1mile sea wim in 22 mins 34 seconds (23mins 06 seconds if you include getting the wet suit off)
    3.5 miles on the club run