Home Chat General Chat

useless forum admin

bloody useless! i've been trying to log in (used to be jon_g) but it was saying my password was incorrect (it's not, got it saved on my harddrive). tried emailing the admin to get my account unblocked and not a single response! so i've registered again. very irritating as i had been a member for a long time. and breathe

Comments

• gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Welcome back jon_g alias supergrover.
  • stratoTomstratoTom Posts: 36
    Try clearing your internet cookies. Think that was a major issue when the forum switched.
  • thanks. i did try all the fixes and also requested a new password but to no avail. i wasnt having any problems after the switch over to the new forum, it logged me out over the weend and not been able to log back in. and zero communication from the admin. doesnt anyone read the emails they get requesting help???
  • yeah i had the same problem...I hacked the mainframe though
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    Supergrover better know as Jon_g and coma it is a pleasure to see you back.
    Keep up the good posts dudes.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    not only that has anyone else noticed the level of spam on the other forums, and the sneaky ones making on to this one....what the feck is going on.

Coma and SG.. welcome back.
    shadowone 1 why have you turned green ???
    I've got admin/moderator rights mate. I emailed 220 about the level of spammers. I was granted mod rights then went on a mission.

Still got some tidying up to do but going into a meeting in 5 so it'll be later when I delete the rest.
    Nice one, its about time the spammers got moved along.
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Any chance you can get them to sort the edit/quote buttons out?
    I'll drop them a line tomorrow. I was asked that if there was any suggestions to let them know
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Enabling the poll feature would be nice too! Everyone likes a poll.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    @jon_g/supergrover: The passwords couldn't be converted when they switched forum software, so all passwords were set with generated values which were emailed to the address you had associated with the account. If you have that address, or if it was caught in your spam filter, you may find the email and reawaken your old account!
    I'm going to set a thread up to see what changes folks want to the forum.

I'll approach 220 to see if they can do it.
  • hi Jack

i was already up and running after the forum change over. for some reason my password just wasnt working. still no reply to any of my emails.