Home Chat General Chat

Training Plans

Still harping on at the same old topic....

What do folks think about this training programme from Runners World. I'm thinking about adapting it to suit my new time constraint.

Anyone want to help improve on it?

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Was also thinking about Rick Kiddles... does seem a lot of money... how can I hide it from the WAT Officer.
  • julesojuleso Posts: 279
    Er, did you mean to post a link here?

I learned to run 5K using the RW schedule. Really good.
    :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

yes I did..... I'll get the link later.... what a div
    Sound,

I've been trying to look at it from the perspective of what I need to get out of it. I've got the tri club on a Thurs night and I get pushed there, but its when your on your own you realise that your not pushing as hard as do when others are with you.

None of my mates are into any of the tri disiplines so I need to concentrate on how to get the best out of the sessions. I'll take on board what you've said Conehead and try and come up with something. I currently have approx 7 hours a week but that may be cut down so my focus needs to be on getting the most of the out the time that I do and thats my problem I just don't know what to look for/ to do etc in order to max the session out.
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    you didnt post a link but i think i'm training using the RW plan you've mentioned.
    previously i just tried to mix it up...go for a run/swim/bike without any structure.
    having a plan like this is really working for me...cause its different almost every training session withe the drills etc.
    I think its good...but i'll tell you in sept when it goes into action
    Conehead, that's great, thanks. I agree about having a simple plan and sticking to it 100%. So it's all about finding a plan that suits your lifestyle.

It's just finding a plan that's the problem! Try as I might, in > a year's supply of 220s I can't find a plan to move from Sprint to OD. Don't know if I'm being a div; but it appears that a lot of people (on here anyway) are looking for one at the moment....they must have published one.....surely?
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    I've got a plan from triathletes world that goes from sprint to OD that I'm going to use for barcelona in october. I'll get in scanned in (willtri, sorry mate I've been out of the office for a couple of days) and put it up so you guys can critique and see what you think.

Anyone else doing barcelona? Apartments for 6 people right near the start are quite cheap. Maybe we could do a 220 forum or Conehead Tri Club (there's a better acronym for CTC) weekend

JB
    Jelly Baby,

That would be good, I'm in the process of trying to develop my own. My main prob is time constraints, so I'm trying to adopt one which will fit my hectic life but also satisfy the needs for tri training.

I've already got a good degree of fitness, its now about developing the fitness to suit the three disciplines ie getting a good output on the run, getting the swimming technique nailed, running faster and longer etc.

This is where I'm failing. I could prob run all day if I wanted but I want to run better and faster... if this makes sense....
    Jellybaby, that would be most kind! Thank you.

I'm not doing Barcelona but randomly would advise anyone who is doing it to check the rules on tri bars. Not permitted, if I recall correctly. My mate was very upset to be told on the day that she wasn't allowed to compete!