Home Chat General Chat

Oh dear!

The missus is wanting to know why there are now _two_ bikes in the dining room. She cannot understand why another one should appear, as I am currently unable to ride either of them.

How can I explain it? The only reason I could offer was that I am unable to move either of them in my current condition.. but this did not wash.

The real reason is that it is convenient to have them there - as I don't have to alter any adjustments, e.g. in saddle positions, which I would have to do to put them in either the shed or the cellar. But this doesn't sound that good an argument.

Suggestions please (preferably excuses that are known to have worked)?

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Get a third party involved.claim that the House insurance policy requires them to be there or in the bedroom.
    Or tell her that you have to put them there to make room for the new bike arriving next week.
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    It a well known fact that if bikes don't get enough sunlight or have to much shade then the carbon, aluminium, steel ( delete as appropriate) warps and then you'll have the great expense of buying yet another bike. The dining room has the perfect conditions to house a bike safely.

Failing that - tell her you'll move them the moment she sleeps in the dining room and they come in with you at night.

failing that ...... leave her.
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    you could always tell her that they are in there to leave her enough room for a sleeping bag in the tent...
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    there has been a spate of bike thefts and there is evidence that when kept in pairs or any mutilpes the chances of theft are reduced by 90%

Can't believe I'm coming up for excuses for a bike instead of supporting your wife!!!!!!
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    In order to avoid the cost of buying a new bike you're instead hoping to breed one and rear it by hand. Research has shown that shy, mating bike pairs need a safe nocturnal habitat to perform this rare act, hence their new home.
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    they'd be lonely and sad if seperated, and a sad bike is up to 30% slower than a happy one.
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    where does she keep her shoes? If she keeps them in the house then it's fine for your bikes to be in the house too. She uses her shoes to get around, you use the bikes. I imagine she'll have more than one pair of shoes too, so that means you can have more than one bike in the house. If she's still insistent, then take all of her shoes and put them in the shed one evening. If your bikes have to be out of the house, then so do her shoes. It's a very fair argument, honest.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    offer to move them to the kitchen. We've got two bikes in ours!

didds
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Well you could try warning her that if they aren't in the dining room then she might end up in my situation where we have three bikes (currently five actually as we are taking some away for the weekend) in the living room along with the lawnmower, hedge trimmer, hose pipe, rake, broom, various other gardening and DIY equipment and all the garden furniture!!!

The excuse being that we haven't got a "proper" shed yet - needless to say I've been back in the country and living with the hubbie for nearly nine months now and the proper shed is no nearer materialising...... It's only bearable as we still have lots and lots of work to do on the house (not that that is progressing much either - sigh)
  • just hit her man.

50's husbands are making a comeback.