Home Chat General Chat

Single speed for London tri

Hi all

I do one maybe 2 triathlons a year, plus a few 10k's and duathlons.

I've always completed the triathlons on my Raleigh airlite 200 (I know its not the best...but its ok)
I've recently bought a Charge Plug, single speed bike for commuting, which I love.

I completed the London to Brighton on my single speed (all the way up Ditchling beacon without stopping), and been out for a few training sessions on it, it feels great.

My question is, has anyone dont a triathlon on a single speed, and is there any reason why I shouldnt do London on it???

Comments

• GGBGGB Posts: 482
    Is it a Fixed gear bike ?

If so I would check the rules and regs or email them - I was talking to a guy at the recent Forgoodnessshakes triathlon and he wasn't allowed to use his fixed gear - luckily someone offered to lend him a bike so he was able to race.
  • CooksterCookster Posts: 8
    i recently used a single speed freewheel, in a triathlon, no one objected, and all in all if you like the bike race the bike.
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    I don't see why not.
    There's a few singlespeeds keeping up with the road bikes on Bike Radar's 'Richmond Park 3-lap Challenge 2009' thread. http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12603098
    Pretty respectable times too!