Home Chat General Chat

Crewkerne Triathlon?

BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
Hay All

Is anyone else out there in cyber space doing the crewkerne Triathlon this sunday?

I have a 9 am start and hoping the weather is going to be kind as my last tri was the wettest thing ever!

If not I will post a report when and if I make it back! Crewkerne is deep dark somerset so you never know what might happen.

Comments

• gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Looks like it'll be a quick race. What's your target time just for interest?
  • JoddyBearJoddyBear Posts: 66
    i'm there.

got a 8.10 start, so all being well i should be back to see you stride through T1

although what with Ris taking me goat stalking on saturday morning who knows

just hope that the weather stays as forecast, it's a pig of a bike route in the rain
  • BlinkybazBlinkybaz Posts: 1,144
    I am looking or maybe wishing for a 37 or maybe even 36 depends on weather and ..................

Swim should be about 4 mins so looks like if I get transition right I could do well.

Joddy whats the goat stalking you doing with ris? Sounds a bit dodhy, oh well it is somerset!!!!!

see you there dude whats your race number i think I am 28
    i'll be wearing number 94 sir.

going to do a recce on the Bath OD bike route tomorrow with Ris, have a look at the Wilts/Somerset forum members thread, you'll get the general idea
    I will keep an eye for you Joddy. Give me shout if you see me as I am quite deaf when racing as I cant swim in my hearing aids. Should be ok on the b ike and run.

What time are looking to get?

Till sunday squire!
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    blimey, that's a quick event, looks like great fun.

enjoy it blinky and joddy, hope the races go well (and the weather stays fine).
    i'm hoping to go sub 45 but anything under 50 would put a smile on my face.

that means you have to be nice tomorrow mornin ris

see ya there BB
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    wanted to do it but my son has a judo competition on Sunday that i want to watch him in.

make sure you give us a RR for a heads up for next year

didds
  • Jelly legsJelly legs Posts: 278
    i'm there too.

The only draw back are all the trafic lights and zebra crossings you have to wait for.

unless you catch them right of course.
    WOW- what an event

It may only be short and have 150 entrants but is was really well done. A big thanks to the marshalls and all the others who made so good.

The swim was bad for me, the pool was hot and I srtuggled to get the air in. so a slow 4.33 in the pool for 250 metres.
    Still I pushed on and a quick trans at T1 left feeling good as i left for the bike leg. I passed a guy on the corner coming out of the aqua centre and that made me feel good. I pushed to hard to the railway bridge to catch a lady in front and felt sick so had to back off a touch. Built back up to speed and got going well again but got passed by 2 guys who made me feel like I was stood still. Dam those areo carbon dream machines.

The last hill was a killer and I nailed it into T2 and a slick change in to the supernovas and off for a good run.

Times
    Swim 4.33
    bike 27/03
    run 11.45

So a grand total of 43.21 which was 22 in my age group!

How did you get on Joddybear did you say race number 91 if so that puts you 79 with a 45.33 you did say 45 would make you smile. good race if thats you and see you next year as I missed you this.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Congratulations on a good reult. And well done for acknowledging the organisers and marshalls, the unsung heroes of Tri.
    Soory Jellylegs forgot to say how did you do? What was your race number?

Results on www.tribor.org

I was number 28

Maybe we should all meet for a drink next year aftert he event!!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Nice work Baz!

And you can't beat a post event guiness. Mmmmmm...
  • JessterJesster Posts: 482
    Nice work lads, I did that tri last year and it was great fun! I won my age group in fact! Makes me want to enter next year....
    Sorry to have mised you blinky. i kept my eyes open but didn't spot you.

I smiled indeed, as i said, i would have been happy with sub 50 but was really aiming for 45 mins.

Started the swim too fast (as always) and had to throw a couple of lengths of breaststroke into the middle to catch my breath back. Absolutely stormed through T1, jumped onto the bike and realised that i'd left it in top gear as i struggled to turn the cranks, managed to crunch down a coule of gears going up out of the car park and passed a guy just as i got onto the road which picked my spirits up. Had a blast on the bike and only really had issues with the last hill back up into crekerne, it's just mean to put that at the end.
    Blasted into T2 with a marshall shouting "bike coming in - FAST!" which put a grin on my face, unfortunately with my streamlined kit setup i only had a pair of running shoes marking my spot in transition and i couldn't see them anywhere. Eventually found them and got sorted, leaping my way out onto the run course - where the cramp set in and reduced me to a veritable stroll around the route.

In the end i finished in 44:36 coming in 67th of 148. best result so far

Splits were 5.27/24.27/14.42

Lookin forward to next year already, and the drink. Just think we can all do it in our BCTTT kit
    Well i did look for you baz and after going up to one guy and saying hi are you barry, then getting a look that said no i'm not you wierdo, i thought i would keep myself to myself.

Was an ok race for me, swim was good for me, 04:42 which is about 30 seconds faster than than i had done in training.

The bike to was quality, i felt very good apart from a 30 seconds period up one of the hills, all though my bike computer puts my time faster than they show it, but i averaged 17.6 mph so will take that. 26:46

As is always the case i suffer badly after the bike on the run, the first 500-1000 meters is a struggle for me, but i settled down ok. 12:29

But once again the transitions cost me time, i really must practice them more, and get some single strap shoes.

My total time was 43:57 which was 31 seconds behind you and 39 ahead of Jody.

Which was about 4 minutes slower than i wanted it to be, however good swim, great bike, and bad run so i'll take it.

roll on the next one in August.

I was talking to a friend of mine by the finish line when some bloke wandered up and said

'is your name Barry?

Absolutely brilliant, never even put the two things together until i read that

Sorry JL, i was the one stood up with all the tattoos.

lol, i kept looking at your number thinking, i'm sure jody said he was that number and thought, nah i must of got it wrong.

quality, i was so embarresed i got it wrong.

Was a good day tho and yes next year happy to meet up after.
    Thta fab! I am a man of many faces but not joddybears I dont believe. How wierd is that! We do the same tri and dont bump into each other but do almost the same times.

A go event and we all did good. Next year we can all beat our last times and celebrate with a soft drink as it was far to early for a pint! Well we might make it a pint that once at 10 in morning.

Well done lads! Would you not agree it was a well marshalled and fun event?

Blinkybaz.