Home Chat General Chat

changes to forum

Ok for some reason I was given the moderator freedom. Didn't ask for it, it was offered.

now I'd like to hear what changes you'd like to see to the forum, and I'll approach 220 with the sensible ones.

Comments

• Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Oh S11, can you use your magic green powers to get the poll option enabled. Everyone likes a poll!
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    Free beer for every user and naked triathlons, I can see them taking off.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Have you got any Nike Obama, Louis Vuitton, Prada?

Coz that would be great.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Nah,

Been too busy deleting Obama.....he's gone mate.....

maybe some others will crop up like the ones I've just deleted...... bloody losers.....spammersssss grrrrr
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    S11

Another thing which you could ask is about the search function. The old posts are still available as you can keep going back through them by clicking next, but they don't get included in the search!

Would be a crying shame to lose all that valuable advice, especially as its still there.

Cheers
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    guys/gals,

I have dropped 220 an email and it has been acknowledged.

I asked for the poll function to be returned - just for you Jack, the quote/edit buttons to be fixed and for the search facility to work properly.

Fingers crossed
  • Things I'd like alter slightly..

More posts per page, we are down to 10 per page, I think we used to have 20??

Larger list of posts on the front page.

The above 2 are just because I don't want to have to keep loading the next page. more reading less clicking and reloading..

PM's we usted to get a pop up informing us of a PM when it arrived, I know we now get an email still but if someone replies and we aren't logged into our emails a prompt would be useful.

Scotty
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    The neat function that could take you to a newer/older post has disappeared. Means you now have to click the back button on your browser lots, or go back to General Chat, then search for the post you were reading to move to the next one up.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    at the login page there's a box to tick to automatically log you in next time.

it doesn;t work. Or certainly doesn;t with firefox.

didds