Home Chat General Chat

Bridgtown Cona Testa Tri Team

I'm certainly in, and will sure as hell take up the free membership offer - I would even be willing to pay even though I am going to France.

This week just gets better and better

Comments

• chapperschappers Posts: 97
    Yep I'm in too assuming living nearby isn't essential. Most clubs near me are just that bit too far away as I get back late from t'mill, so doesn't make much difference for me. Is a cheque in the post ok? (on the France trip and offer of free memberhip is v generous but would like to pay)
  • GHarvGHarv Posts: 456
    I'm in....
  • gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Count me in as well
  • 45CDO45CDO Posts: 44
    Okay, I've haven't even done my first triathlon yet (Aug 16) but you can count me in as well!
  • YeppahYeppah Posts: 15
    If you are serious about the international part, I´m in as well!

Doing my first sprint July 12th (in Sweden where I live...)
  • risris Posts: 1,002
    i was looking for a club... not as local as i'd originally hoped but i find the club ethos suits me.
  • sfullersfuller Posts: 628
    Im in.

Is this a tri club or TT club?
  • Tri PencilTri Pencil Posts: 19
    So keen to join your team that I had to join the forum that I've been guesting on for over a year.
    Would love to join please. Cheque in post any good??
  • McKennaMcKenna Posts: 12
    im in.... awsome idea
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Conehead wrote:

There is no 'commitee' - we all run the club. I won't do anything unless the Team agree.
    All members are equal! But some are more equal than others!

A lofty ideal conehead - we shall see. I think calling it a benevolent dictatorship might be OK.

However, I suspect that you will need some formal roles - treasurer, chairman etc. as there are a whole load of legal niceties esp. for tax reasons. Grim, but hard to avoid.

The only reason I joined my other tri club, back in March was for the affiliations - so that I could enter various events (running/cycling) and have the correct team strip. And, to be honest, that is still the key benefit (like most clubs they are focussed on development of athletes towards elite status - I went to one session, it was good, but I wasn't good enough for it. I just picked up a running vest and a cycling jersey, and went back to being a self trained athlete.

I'm really just trying to set expectations I suppose! And just rambling on a bit and failing to make my point. Ho hum.
  • garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    I...........AM...........IN.............
  • ditto...

If the Aquasphere folks ever get back to you about the race on the 19th make sure you tell them who I'm racing for!
  • I'm in! I've got the MTB and have some pink tassles I can attach
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    Sunday Training rides (if you live near me)
    what? and endure 45 minutes of mancunian traffic lights first?

we HAVE read the book y'know ;-)

didds

PS BRILLIANT idea incidentally. Got to have pink kit though.
    Welll.. twist my arm... pink kit or not... but I'll take up Conehead's extremely gracious offer...

I AM IN!

(probably for life cos I am ridiculously loyal at times.)

And of course I can see loose geographical "branches" forming... mid wilts section already forming with Ris and Me!

didds
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Im in too:) Ill give you the dosh on Wednesday at Cranwell....

Regarding the trisuit.....

Having never worn black trisuits how do you find it works in the heat? do you overheat more as black absorbs heat? or is that too deep science for trisuits??

Also is there a limit for the sponsors we will stick on there? I have 3 sponsors of my own so will there be rules on me not being able to stick them on there too??
  • I'm in.

Can I have a pink Trisuit??

Scotty
  • +1 vote for pink kit!
    +1 vote for pink kit!
    ewan - top man!!!

didds
    Is BCTTT an affiliated cycling club ie affiliated to British Cycling ?

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/si ... n_page.asp

we could all take the world of cat 4 racing by storm!

(then again, the cyclists would have kittens when we all turn up without any wheel holding ability. well, much anyway!)

didds
  • fatstufatstu Posts: 46
    I'm in!!! Worth it if only for the kit discounts...

Seriously funky kit required me thinks

The global domination grows - add one member in Dubai....
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    You know I'm in. Gotta have names on the back too. Looking forward to putting down BCTTT on my next form
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    August 22nd
    Nottingham
    National Watersports Centre

The Club Relays
    www.pacesetterevents.com

Abit steep at £154 per team.
    But as BCTTT has been formed would this be an ideal event to promote the UK's newest club??
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    hey why not! count me in - berkshire branch started?!
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Oh I am so in too! Fantastic. Now is there already a London branch?
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Count me in too!

Can't refuse free membership with all that on offer!
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Me too..I'm in!! Will email you!... Haven't joined my local club as too expensive but this is ideal!
    +1 vote for pink kit!
    2 votes.... :roll:
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Count me in! Who will be our adversaries? Are there any other online-based tri clubs, didn't the Pirates evolve from a forum?
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126

I would be honoured to join the club seems like the pefect way for a tri club to operate not all stuff like some of the cycling clubs. And i'm moving to Lanzarote in 6 weeks so I can take the club INTERNATIONAL if thats ok.

Mat
  • Anything for a giggle. I'm in.

Hampshire branch.