Home Chat General Chat

Inspirational quotes

2»

Comments

• BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    Happiness does not depend on who you are or what you have; it depends solely on what you think.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    ????? ??? ?? ???????? ???
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Jack - you're being clever! Save us on a Friday night and translate or am I the only one who doesn't speak or read Greek?

PS How's the knee doing? (this might derail this thread, sorry)
    I am being clever.

[hint: try translate.google.com]

Off the pain killers. Main bandages come off tomorrow.

So far it is feeling good though! (touch wood).
  • It's better to regret the things you did do, than to regret the things you didn't
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    eh....

there tasty,tasty,tasty, tasty, there very tasty.......

oh no that was an advert....
  • YeppahYeppah Posts: 15
    My favourite:

You have not failed until you quit trying.
  • nicknofingernicknofinger Posts: 284
    assumption is the mother of all f**k ups.
  • been having logon problems so am catching up...

It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believe in myself. - Muhammad Ali

The one thing that matters is the effort. - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Sir Winston Churchill
  • how could i forget my favourite...
    A champion is someone who sweats to exhaustion even when noone is watching.
  • SwizzlenapSwizzlenap Posts: 160
    I think it was a classical musician responding to lots of fawning comments about his natural talent

"you know it's funny but the more I practice the more talented I seem to become..."
    It escapes me which golfer (Greg Nichlaus, Jack Norman, whatever) said

"The more I practice, the luckier I get"
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    "Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win." Tom Fleming
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    "If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight" - Sun Tzu

"You can't polish a turd, son" - My Dad

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear to be bright, until they speak" - unknown

"Just get out there and c*ck it up properly" - me.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    "What we do during our working hours determines what we have; what we do during our leisure hours detemines who we are" George Eastman

"I met my hero, and he is me" Heorge Sheehan

"Fitness is what happens when your are practising good technique" Terry Laughlin
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    My sig below...

T. E. Lawrence
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    You can't polish a turd
    One of my favs
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    On being named Sports Illustrated man of the year for 2007, Brett Favre (legendary NFL quarter back) was asked to name his best moment from an amazing career.

"I've got so many plays running through my mind," he says, finally. "The funny thing is, it's not only about the touchdowns and the big victories. If I were to make a list, I would include the interceptions, the sacks, the really painful losses. Those times when I've been down, when I've been kicked around, I hold on to those. In a way those are the best times I've ever had, because that's when I've found out who I am. And what I want to be."

He is my sporting hero and this is the most inspirational quote I've ever read.
  • nivaghnivagh Posts: 595
    Failure isn't about falling down, failure is staying down.
  • Great collection !!!!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

""The thoughts of the earth are my thoughts. The voice of the earth is my voice. All that belongs to the earth belongs to me. All that surrounds the earth surrounds me. It is lovely indeed, it is lovely indeed."

Regards
    Victoria Heden

And

"Whoever said it's not whether you win or lose that counts, probably lost" Martina Navratilova

"Don't tell them how good you are, show them how good you are." Arnold Palmer
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Conehead wrote:
    'dad, your shit at triathlon'

my daughter.
    Now ghastly visions of Coneheads daughter presenting Mr C with a steaming pile of AD.

Hopefully it is only a punctuation and grammar error.
  • eamonneamonn Posts: 30
    Quotations It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
  • QuitterQuitter Posts: 160
    Conehead wrote:
    'dad, your shit at triathlon'

my daughter.

The person who said money dos nt buy happiness did nt know where to shop - David Lee Roth (That well known triathlete/sportsman )
  • Hello,

Nice saying.... Thanks for sharing it here...

Happiness is beneficial for the body, but it is grief that develops the powers of the mind.

Baltimore East Top Lawyers