Home Chat General Chat

cycling-distance and pain!

ouch have just done a 190km charity cycle and am knackered as well as in some pain!
not sure how ironmen (and women) run a marathon after this i'm only fit for conking out on the couch watching highlights from the tour de france anyway back to the pain-weel its in several places: my lower back, sit bones and in a rather delicate place (HAVE not had it here before!) wonder if it could be my saddle postioning...?

Comments

• jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Congrats on your charity ride.It gats easie with practice,it is just about adjusting your position and finding which one gives you the least amount of pain afterwards,thicker shorts padding,chamois cream,different handlebar/saddle height.When riding getting out of the saddle to stretch every 20mins or so to allieviate the discomfort.Trial and error,the marathon after the bike in the IM race is relief from the pain.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Well done - you should have a real sense of achievement!

If that distance represents a considerable step up, then a degree of soreness is to be expected. But, it is worth checking position, shorts, type of saddle etc.

But, have a nice long soak in the bath, get into something comfy, and take it easy for a day or too!
  • thanks guys will have to check and do something with my saddle did put on a gel cover for the day and that seemed to help. am feeling alot better already think i may not be able to get of the couch though! Have warned mr bunny that i will need complete rest for a few days so he will have to wait on me hand and foot for the weekend wonder what that will cost in BAT?