Home Chat General Chat

Ive done it!!

Very pleased to announce that as of today I can officially ride a bike, and after only 1 lesson!! Im very very pleased, after the lesson I cycled round half of my local park - will get out on the bike as much as possible to practice, I even managed to go quite fast (well it felt quite fast!!).

The swimming has come along really well as well. Ive invested in a nose clip which has helped me swim with my head under the water and I'm now down to 11 mins for 400ms.

Just got to get running now.

It feels like its all coming together!!!

Comments

• gdh250467gdh250467 Posts: 237
    Congratulations, when you've done all three for so long, you forget what the feeling wa l ike when you first learnt. Carry on with the good work!
  • Well done dude, The nose clip really helps! Im very jealous of my friend who doesnt need one...
  • durhamvamdurhamvam Posts: 246
    Hi Millie,

That's brilliant!!! Obviously you're a natural!

Good to hear from you, I was wondering how you were getting on

VAM
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    You star Millie! That's really cheered me up. I love it when people do things that they know they can't do, or shouldn't do. Brilliant stuff.
  • Thanks guys, I'm all fired up now, going to go swimming in the morning, then a short bike ride round the park!!
  • Thanks mate very kind. Managed 2 laps round my local park on the park- 2 miles, after a swim, my bum is killing me now, but feels rather satisfactory!! Even if I did have to stop once when I realised the path was way too narrow for me a bike, 2 dogs and 2 people, but thats the only time I stopped. I might even be tempted for a bit of running on the treadmill tomorrow if theres not too many people about to watch me!!
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    @MM: Get some proper cycling shorts. They are padded. For a reason! If you find the mirror recoils at the prospect of all that lycra, then just slip some baggier "normal" shorts/trousers/skirt over the top. The priority is to be comfortable, rather than demure!!!!

Oh! And you wear nothing under the shorts - VPL == very sore (same principle applies to seams on trousers when riding a horse!)
  • DId another 20 min bike ride round the park, after a gym session consisting of 30 min indoor bike hill climb then straight onto the treadmill although only managed 3 mins run - but heh its a start!!! Then a few weights.

Still feel a little nervous on the bike when theres other people about but that will disappear with practice.