Home Chat General Chat

BCTTT Logo

risris Posts: 1,002
i can knock something together for you based on that, conehead. i'll try to have a basic knock-up of it for you by the end of the afternoon.

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    i realised that i didn't caps the team bit, but that is a very quick fix.
    i made the text 'triathlon team' to try and keep the balance of text length closer.

some option for wheels for you, just for fun. i think the deep section is quite nice, a subtle enough change but not over the top.

i might have another pop at the text balance. if they are any good i'll post them.

[attachment=0:6ykmibxi]BCTTT_version-1_sfw.jpg[/attachment:6ykmibxi]
    ok, a three line version, but only based on the deeper section.

the wheel has to get bigger but i wondered if that would be ok as it would want to be seen from a distance, perhaps over a mile or so

[attachment=0:2zc4mrdx]BCTTT_version-2_sfw.jpg[/attachment:2zc4mrdx]
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Can we have a smilie in it - sort of picks up on an earlier theme, and also introduces the internet/web connection (which is, of course, very important!)
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    What about including "220 Forum buddies" as per Gary Roberts T-shirts?
    at the end of the day the logo is conehead's decision, but personally i wouldn't put a smilie on it. there's something about emoticon's that isn't quality enough in graphics or design terms, perhaps even a bit naff.

the 220 forum buddies, if it was to be on the kit i'd make it an advert rather than part of the logo. bcttt might have been born from the forum but it doesn't mean that 220 have anything to do with it in a strict sense. again, just my 2p.

it's worth bearing in mind - i spend all day designing stuff, surrounded by other designers who kick 8 shades of other peoples, each others and their own stuff all day. i have what are probably absurd standards and strong views that i'm sure most people don't agree with. i'm sure the buildings i like and the buildings i design are the ones that people hate - in fact in some cases that is definitely the case!

at the end of the day though, what mr conehead sir boss sir wants i'm sure i can get to work somehow.
  • diddsdidds Posts: 655
    I'd thought about the Bridgtown logo left as if BUT with the BCTTT bit/Cona Team bit in circular writing within the wheel.

I couldn't work out how to do circular writing so gave up trying to knock something together, and certainly don't want to steel Ris' thunder whatsoever!

I'll get me coat!

didds
    no thunder to steal, please everyone get stuck in and do stuff. if there are things people really want to see then i can try to mock them up.

the circular writing is do-able, although the circle may have to be pretty big to fit cona testa tri team in it, or the text gets a bit titchy. to give you an idea of how titchy with the original logo it ends up about 1/3 the size (8pt rather than 24pt). this is a super-quick crude version. a proper one would be much neater (i'd get the text consistent for a start!)

[attachment=0:zo92nx81]BCTTT_version-3_sfw.jpg[/attachment:zo92nx81]
    see your point about the font size Ris...

how about...

cona testa in circular - cona at the top, testa at the bottom - and

Tri
    Team

as straight text across the middle

(probably the same problem).

Could Tri Team be abbreviated to TT? (not sure that works anyway!)

didds
    doesn't fade or come off after 3 washes
    like the "orca" writing on both my orca trisuits!

:-0

didds
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Hey soon to be club mates,

I was wondering if there'd be any interest in a bit of Leeesure wear, I was thinking something like a nice ninja stealth polo top with a nice fitted polo for the Ladies.
    Theres no better feeling than standing in the queue at waitrose when everyone is eyeing up your sponsors.

Mat
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Impsport do some really good quality kit that is mega comfy too and can print whatever you want on the kit, in fact I think they can actually produce kit where the logos etc are actually in-printed into the material ie nothing to come off when washing.

I think we should stay away from smilies or anything 220 forum buddies etc as this could end up looking tacky.... If people wish to put these kind of things on kit then it should be done individually.

The kit needs to be simple in design regarding the logos as too much detail doesnt reproduce well on fabric.

Good designs there Ris.... If we get loads of ideas together then put it to a vote to shortlist maybe 5 logos then decide on a final print from them...
  • BritspinBritspin Posts: 1,655
    If only I could persuade Waitrose to become one of my sponsors....
    Is Impsport stuff of good quality? Had heard it was a little thin.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    Bottom one, deep section wheels are the way to go, and stand out more.
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    Bottom one for me...
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    I agree the Deep section is the one to go for -
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    The Leamington Spa faction's votes are in and it goes to... the bottom one
    After a special meeting of the Rowde (devizes) Chapter, held in the beer garden of the george and dragon, the vote was a uncontested and unambiguous vote for...

THE BOTTOM ONE!!!

didds (very bouyant having just watched the manx express rack up stage win #1
  • gavinrigg06gavinrigg06 Posts: 176
    Bottom one for me too, deep rim is the way to go.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Bottom.
  • I'd have to vote for the top one..

Sorry..

Scotty
  • trudgertrudger Posts: 61
    Wythall chapter have also voted for the bottom one.

Although to make it more realistic the wheel should have a flat tyre.
    i can't believe big pink didn't get a look in!

i prefer the bottom one, just enough subtle change to it.

conehead, once the decision is made do you want me to put together a good high res one for you? these ones are fine for a screen but may look a bit rough if blown up for kit. give me a size they need to be and i'll make sure they are good enough not to pixelate.
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    I prefer the deep section too.
  • A bottom man also.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    The bottom one somehow looks more speedy!
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Just back from a weekend away and look what's happened!!!!

Oh, bottom one I think
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    Gotta be the bottom one only way i'm gonna get some deep section rims this season !!

Mat.
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    What about doing running vests/t-shirts? That way we'll be able to show off when training/racing in almost any event! Which reminds me, I've got a question to ask the board...
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Will the Deep section wheel be greater than 45% of the wheel's surface.(this will only apply if it is a front wheel).???
    I would hate to get DQ'd again for falling foul of CTT rules again.