Home Chat General Chat

BCTTT - the WAT officer speaks

Okey dokey

I'm not even going to bother to pass commment. I was barely coming to terms with the France training camp when on Saturday morning the word 'club' was mentioned.

By Saturday tea time we were an official BTF club

However I am now exercising some WAT officer control on what has been a stratospheric response to this club.

I am instigating a a 'founder member' programme which means the 1st 20 members are £20.

It is then increasing to £30 for every other person for the rest of the year - in 2010 it will be £30 for all founder members and anyone that joins this year.

The WAT dark overlady has spoken.

When the 20 limit has been reached I shall be posting. Mr C is now tied up in the cupboard under the stairs with his precious Black Bomber, this is to keep him out of trouble in the short term. Good job we live on a volcano Island.

Im now going to check exactly how many people have responded.....

Comments

• shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    Could Mrs C rival the lady with the Iron Fist......for the young uns.... Margaret Thatcher....

mrs c, we are opperating in a recession where we have deflation rather than inflation, surely the cost next year should be £5

Only joking......
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    Tip of the iceberg?
    Will the extra 10 quid cover the three course meal?
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Dear Mrs C

I have managed to retrieve my outgoing form and cheque for £20 from the office mail tray. Am now replacing with £30 cheque as I'm pretty sure you're going to have more than 20 forms arriving on your doormat over the next day or two.

How long you keeping Mr C tied up for? Have you left him some malt loaf and red bull?
  • trudgertrudger Posts: 61
    Nightmare, i'm currently on holday and reading the post when I get a quite 5 mins (sad or commited??).

But that means even though I've got my entry form, it won't be in the post till I get back, so £30 charge to me.

But heyho, £30 to join a friendly, like minded club is far better than prices for other more rigid organisons.
  • Unfortunately you're dealing with the WAT officer direct, and as anyone knows we are totally immune to any reasoning when it comes to triathlon related matters.

I can confirm we are WAY beyond 20 people. We are up to 40 (at least) - so I can confirm the membership is now £30. If you e-mail for a form and it says '£20' then you sneaked in - so fair play.

Mr C will be released shortly - once the membership has been levelled off we will start arranging for Red Bull drops. I have no idea where he thinks Aqua Sphere are going to give him 40 pairs of goggles, I can only guess he thought 10 people were going to join. I'm sure he'll manage to get them somehow - he usually finds a way.
  • shadowone1shadowone1 Posts: 1,408
    I'm sitting at my laptop at work, having a right old chuckle here. I have visions of CH being gagged and tied up while the good lady does some forum bashing....
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    I am genuinely terrified of meeting Mrs Conehead at the France camp next year. I'll have to buy a red bike and dye myself red so I can escape from her quickly in case she finds out that France camp attendees get free membership... oops! I'm off.... zoom!
  • I'm officially scared sh*tless -
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    a form, what form? I just got an email saying where to send the money - in a bit of a email scam 'if you let me use your bank account...' kind of way. I guess this'll teach me to be more oganised £30 it is then, oh and Please Mrs C, can i have a form?
  • joolzdjoolzd Posts: 245
    Love it....!!!!

Go Mrs C...so here's the thing, next time Mr C posts anything we all just need to wait a couple of days...then the Official line will be taken by Mrs C and we can all react!!
  • ndymndym Posts: 5
    I'll have to buy a red bike and dye myself red so I can escape from her quickly in case she finds out that France camp attendees get free membership... oops! I'm off.... zoom!
    That's a good point; under the previous regime I qualified for free membership under the Rookie founder and Les Stables clauses. Has this been revoked under the iron-rule of Mrs C?
  • starcherstarcher Posts: 126
    okay Mrs C I have already posted my form and cheque so if i'm too late let me know and I will send more money to help relieve the WAT crisis in Team Roberts.
  • MrSquishyMrSquishy Posts: 277
    Mrs C, having read this thread after posting my £20 cheque I have made an additional £10 donation to one of the Team Laws charities. I hope this is OK, as I wouldn't want to be the one to hold up the quest for world triathlon domination.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    Blimey i can almost see Mr C cringing when you heard about the club (sorry i have vision of fawlty towers!)! can i have a form too please? and can i just send the cash to the same account i sent the france thing too?