Home Chat General Chat

whats YOUR eating plan!?!?!?

I have been trying to organise my eating plan so I can trough down 3000 calories or over (trying to put weight ON!!), which isn’t easy when you work 12 hours a day and seem to train / sleep for the rest of the day! I have stuck down my eating plan, however there must be one of you guys who manages to eat healthily and get over 3000 calories a day…..post your eating plan if yours is better!!

breakfast

cereal

snack

sandwhich

lunch

cooked meal

snack

fruit

snack

cereal

dinner

cooked meal

Comments

• Phil

What training are you doing and what are you eating and drinking while you train? Which distance are you planning for? This could have a bearing on your eating plan.

• I expect that eating slightly smaller meals more regularly would help. Dried fruit is probably a good option (ie. raisins and apricots) because they contain a lot of carbohydrate calories relative to their size so you get more in without feeling as full. Nuts might be a good option too depending on how careful you are about your fat intake (as long as your not allergic, that is!). If your training a lot it probably wont be an issue. I have the opposite problem, trying to make sure I don't pig out and over-eat.

I now keep a food diary to keep track using this website called www.nutriplanIT.co.uk where you can log what you've eaten or plan what you're going to eat and it analyses it for you against RDA's and calorie requirements. You can adjust the calorie requirements and RDA's for your own needs (which I have on the advice of my doctor since I'm 7 months pregnant and will re-adjust when I resume full training after the birth - still managing 3 cycle sessions a week which I'm quite proud of!) . If you enter your recipes and create menus it will analyse either and give you a breakdown of where your various nutrients are coming from so you can see what you need to change, make substitutions and see if that gets you what you need. I find it useful to reduce fat content and increase iron content in my recipes but I expect it would work just as well to increase your various intakes. It's got a (small) subscription fee but I've found it far more efficient than keeping a paper diary and working it all out manually. Anyway, it also has recipes you can use built in (or enter your own) and creates shopping lists for you once you've created a menu.

Hope this helps and I don't sound like a complete geek! [:)]
  • jazdogjazdog Posts: 223
    All depends on why you are trying to put weight on and what sort of weight. I presume you are not trying to get fat so you don't want to eat too many carbs as the body can only store about 2000 calories of carbs as carbs the rest is converted to fat cells. You need to eat protein in higher quantities and put on muscle. This means not just eating more but doing more strength work. Eating more will only put on the wrong sort of weight unless you do the work to burn off the calories.

Trust me I used to weigh 18 1/2 stone - now 13st 4lb but have a much bigger muscle mass than I did back then!