Home Chat General Chat

Anyone going to Liquid Leisure on Sat?

Hi,

In an effort to erase my ow swim demons i'm back at datchet on Sat - if anyone's there would be good to say hi.

Cheers,

Will.

Comments

• FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Think I might be going, never been before... What times is it open?
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    6am - which is frankly ridiculous!! until 8.45

I'll be there at about 7.15... Then going for a bit of ride after.

http://www.openwaterswim.co.uk/
    Sounds good, I'll aim to get there for 7.15am then driving from East London.

Will have to give the cycle a miss though as got a list of chores to do this weekend (trying to earn myself some WAT vouchers).
    nice one dave - see you there.

We can talk bravely about Austria As it's so far away....
  • willieverfinishwillieverfinish Posts: 1,381
    Chaps - how far will you be swimming/or how long in terms of time ?

I am shite at this swimming lark but need some practice. Only ever had the wetsuit on once and gave it go for a few mins before I felt like I was being swept out to see so bottled it and swan back in again.

If I can get a WAT pass may I join you for a quick splash - looks like I'll be doing the 250m loop though just to get myself organised.

Ben
    PS - I meant sea not see.
    Alright Ben

I've never been before and tust had a look at the website now... I'm no great swimmer just getting some OW practice in and seeing what the set up is like. Could always to a 250m to start off with and see how we go? That alright with you Will?

Just PM'd you back by the way Will but can't work out if its sent or not...

Ben, PM'ing you now with mobile number should you get a WAT pass.
    All good for me - 250m it is...

Dave - got your pm.

i will be attempting 750m crawl - having completely bolloxed it up in my last tri

Then i'll be doing a couple of 400m loops - see how it goes...

I think you'll find it a lot easier than in the sea - when i first went could only just about manage 400m in the pool and swam 2 x 400 then 750 (slowly, very slowly but none-the-less!!)

There's also a hot tub for afters!!

Meeeting dave at 7.15
  • JellybabyJellybaby Posts: 180
    If you've not been there before chaps, remember to print off your disclaimer/registration form thing from the website and fill it in before you get there. You only have to do it once. I might be there, but won't know for sure until the end of the week.

I did my first OW session there a oupld of monthe ago and it's great. The water is reasonably clear, there's only a bit of weed but it's mostly attached to the bottom so it won't get in your way unless you're sinking - which you can't do in a wetsuit.

They have loops of 250, 400 and 750 I think... although there does also seem to be some sort of uber loop, which i guess is for ironpeople?!?

Once you get to the turn for the 250, you'll probably be feeling comfortable, so just carry on up to the 400 and make your turn there.

Have fun, and i'll let you know if I'm coming at the end of the week.

JB
    Cheers Jelly - I've had a look on the map and it look well organised.

I like the fact you can choose a distance and then just extend that distance mid swim.
    Bollocks.

Just called the wife and she working on Saturday - not on the "family calender" so thought she was off.

Sorry boys - another time.
  • gingertrigingertri Posts: 277
    i was going to go to the one by M4 J11 as they're open til 10 http://mysportingtimes.com/?page_id=19 and a nice??? 10K cycle there from centre of reading!