Home Chat General Chat

Race report: Norwich Olympic Triathlon 5/7/09

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, Error in srv_convert.

Comments

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    great report - make going olympic distance sound like fun - I'd better go and lie down until that idea goes away
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Congrats, got my first Olympic in 2 weeks, which doubles up as my first ever triathlon.

Hope it's better organised than yours was!
  • LeezarLeezar Posts: 36
    Great report

Well done for completing the step up to OD with such a good time, looks like its onward and upwards for London
  • ZacniciZacnici Posts: 1,385
    I did the Norwich Sprint last year (came 4th in Age Group hoorah) and had to prop my bike against the fence but other than that I really enjoyed it (entries all taken when I went to register otherwise would have done it again) and as you point out contrary to popular belief Norfolk does have hills (as I also found out on the Norwich 10K)
  • chapperschappers Posts: 97
    Great report, love the finish line mantra got my first oly this saturday and praying to the tri gods for no wetsuit bans
  • andyb99andyb99 Posts: 229
    thats a great report, sounds like a cracking race and inspirational to all us dreaming of making it to OD (think i'll get a few more sprints out of the way first though)
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    Classic on the sprint/OD race numbers! Only in Norfolk.

Great racing though gunforhire and great time!
  • gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Cheers!
    I really enjoyed the distance. Organisational hiccups aside it was a great event. Looking forward to London.
    I was pretty worried about stepping up to OD but I set myself reasonable targets and gave myself a good talking to before the event. I have a habit of putting too much pressure on myself, so this time I made myself promise that no matter what happened I was going to remember to enjoy it and finish smiling.

Right, I'm off to study swim videos...