Home Chat General Chat

Forum upgrades, or is that downgrades?

Does anyone know if we're ever likely to be able to add Quotes, Polls or edit posts again?
Those functions were really useful.

Comments

• gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    Interesting.
    I've had a dig through the 'User Control Panel' and 'Board preferences' but can't see anything in there.
    Mrs C joined after the forum was upgraded - yes?
    I also note that the PM buttons have disappeared.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    The trouble is, there seems to be incosistency between users, I have both the edit and PM buttons available. But not being a techie, I can't offer any guidance on how to resolve, sorry!
    A ha!!!
    I've sorted it!
    Now listen up everyone....
    In your 'User Control Panel' go to 'Board preferences' and select 'NO' for the first few buttons.
    Now Submit those changes.
    Go back in and reset those NO''s to YES. Submit again.

You should now see your PM, Quote and Edit buttons again.

('Reset' may also do all this but I'm not sure.)
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    He's only bloody right ya know! Just tried and worked a treat.

Nice one gfh, you da man!
  • willtriwilltri Posts: 436
    gunforhire wrote:
    A ha!!!
    I've sorted it!
    In your 'User Control Panel' go to 'Board preferences' and select 'NO' for the first few buttons.

Genius gunforhire. nice work.

oooh just edited
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    Cheers gunfor hire- that sorted it I just hit reset and then it gave me back the buttons! now my pathetic spelling will be less aparent. woo!
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    gunforhire wrote:
    A ha!!!
    I've sorted it!

Just reposting this as noticed a few people were complaining earlier about editing or the lack of...
  • [toPh][toPh] Posts: 244
    Anyone got any idea about password changing?

When I go to do it, through User COntrol Panel > Profile > Edit Account Settings > Edit >

Then I put in my new password and it says my email is already registered?

Any ideas?
  • jonEjonE Posts: 1,113
    At first I disliked the new forum,everything was not in the right place,but I can put up with that because..............The tech dept at work have put a block on all networking and media streaming sites which meant I couldn't access the old forum whilst at work,but since the changeover I can now access the forum
  • BopomofoBopomofo Posts: 980
    Bumping this thread because I've only just notice it and it is slipping off the bottom of the front page.

Good work gunforhire! I hadn't got as far as thinking of refreshing all the setting because I kind of assumed that all the data porting was done by competent people. Do you work in web development, by chance?

I reckon you should post a 'How to Get EDIT and PM working' thread. I'd do it myself but don't want to take the credit!