Home Chat General Chat

Calculating your swim

For the past couple of year I have been using my trusty forerunner 50 to calculate my run and cycling, now that I have starting triathlon trianing im stuck with how to calculate my swim, lap time, total distance and total time. Is there anything on the market that will give you that sort of details ? how do you log your swims ?

Comments

• risris Posts: 1,002
    you can get lap counters (i think jack has one that can be slotted over the finger) which can help you work out how many laps you have done. you should be able to extrapolate the distance from length of pool and no. of laps.

i have a zoggs lap watch that allows you record laps and also reads back a split for each lap (provided you press it properly). it doesn't do total time but i usually make a mental note of the time when i get in and out for that.
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    This is what I've got... Quite a useful piece of kit

http://www.activeplanet.co.uk/scindex.php
  • jibby26jibby26 Posts: 261
    Seen a cool new watch at http://www.swimovate.com/ not released yet but apparently it senses when you change direction and automatically counts your laps, pace etc. No doubt going to be a bit pricey though.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    Ive got the simple lap counter version of that too. Works a treat if you only remember to press the button on every length. its not that hard but I just keep forgetting and guesstimating.
  • BmanBman Posts: 442
    The sportcount one, that is..
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Jibby 26 - the swimovate watch is marked as having a price of around £70....
    Sounds like a good piece of kit.... if it works or not is another thing...

Even so, I may have to dabble with one when it is released late summer 2009

• Hi guys,

The Swimovate watch is actually been designed and produced my a member of my (other cough..) Tri Club.

I used it in the testing phase and can say with out doubt this is must have accessory.

I have been absolutely lost since I have given the sample back. I already have my name down for one when it's released. I'll ask and give you an update ASAP.

it really does work!!!!

Scotty
  • FlavadaveFlavadave Posts: 749
    scott_burrows wrote:

it really does work!!!!

Scotty
    GREAT!!!

So now I've got to get the swimovate (yes I really do), to go with my timex sportswatch, my nike sportswatch, my sportscount, and my 305 (recently bought). And thats not counting my actual watch I wear when I'm not training... Yeesh!

This is going to have to be smuggled in and out of the house at all times.
  • hussler.hussler. Posts: 390
    Scotty - why did you have to post this... now everyone will want one and yet more WAT added to our already crippling debt.....lol:)

I thought someone on here posted ages and ages ago last year sometime I think about trialling this kit... and now I remember it was you Scotty:) ACE!!! Once you have reviewed it I may have to purchase one but get it sent to work..... off the WAT Officers radar! lol

Or as I am in charge of our RAF Triathlon stuff at my base I may be able to order one or two through the club funds:) even better!! I still have a budget of £600 to spend on our training setup:) hehe
  • md6md6 Posts: 969
    THat does look a great bit of kit, particularly as even when doing a relatiely short 20 length set, i loose count (actually i lost count in a 10 length set last time) so that'll be brilliant. Yep, it's another offshoring job then straight into the swimming bag when i can smuggle it home to aviod the GAT officer.
  • I've just heard back from Swimovate, the watches will be available first week of August.

Scotty