Home Chat General Chat

[REVIEW] Swim Therapy a shortcut to [faster] swimming!

Error whilst Doing a Replacement, The source data specified for this string or binary column or parameter is too long.

Comments

• garyrobertsgaryroberts Posts: 869
    Hey Jack

a worthwhile review i think.....whats the website for these guys?
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    garyroberts wrote:
    Hey Jack

a worthwhile review i think.....whats the website for these guys?
    http://www.swimtherapy.co.uk

Now, Mr Roberts - you posted one of their you tube videos on the face book page for the group, which is what turned me on to them!
  • TI_UKTI_UK Posts: 2
    Jack Hughes wrote:
    I had also happened upon Total Immersion (partly from this forum, and partly from references in 'Swimming without Stress'. Looking around, it seemed that "Coaching" was only available to people who could already swim: my conclusion was that I would first have to learn to swim badly, before being taught to swim well.
    Hi there Jack, to clear this up for you and everyone else who reads this. Total Immersion coaches work with most anyone including the phobic and non swimmers, I myself have helped many who had never before really tried to swim. So, there is no need to go through the "learn to swim badly first" stage. We build an individual's swimming skills from the ground up starting with the most basic skills around breathing, kick mechanics, posture, alignment, balance before we ever look at what the arms are doing.

I already mentioned on another thread, before I found this one, I have my studio in Loughborough, but we also have three of our assistant coaches with their own facilities in Staines and Rochford and most of our other coaches will work 1:1 with people wanting instruction
  • Is the violining coming on at all?
  • Great review Jack. I'll also endorse what Ian from TI has said. I went on one of their weekend workshops and with a lot of effort on the drills, I'm averaging about 17 SPL. Still not quick as I'd like but definitely less shagged out than I used to be.
  • Jack HughesJack Hughes Posts: 1,262
    Total Immersion coaches work with most anyone including the phobic and non swimmers, I myself have helped many who had never before really tried to swim.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification! I didn't mean to put you down in anyway, apologies if that's how it came across - I'm certainly not in a position to comment on you and your training offerings. However, from the wording on the TI UK web site, I got the impression that things weren't for _real_ beginners.. for example: "If you can swim at least 50m meters in some fashion, we can turn you from a struggler into a swimmer". Although there is some mention of one-to-one, the emphasis is all on the workshops - i.e. that gives the impression that is where the real action is.

Anyway, I went to Swim Therapy for the main purpose of getting the video done - they only do one to one, so I didn't feel so pressured about being able to perform at a certain level. It is still in my master plan to go on a TI weekend workshop - I just feel that I need to be a bit better than I am at the moment.

I'm just trying to get my strokes per length down a bit more, then be able to get some lengths in, and generally feel a bit more confident about things, then I'll book on.

I absolutely love the TI philosphy: and am a satisfied owner of the book and DVD - I just need to get in a few more practice hours.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.
  • moonshinemoonshine Posts: 335
    28 sec 25 metre length
    oh I wish, sounds really good