Home Chat General Chat

London Triathlon

I've entered to do the Sprint race on the Saturday (OD race was full), but to be honest, i don't think I can be arsed to do it. I know it's the biggest Triathlon, great crowds, and one of the few chances you'll get to race in London on traffic free roads. But, I've done various Sprints and one OD this year already, still have a few more races booked in for the rest of the year, and looking to attempt a HIM at the end of August, so the distance of London is no longer a challenge. Also, racing on Saturday means traveling up Friday and staying over, and probably staying over Saturday as well. So one days leave required, two nights hotel, travelling expenses, and the hassle of getting to the venue with heavy traffic and closed roads, and even worse trying to get back out again.

So, what I was wondering, before I send an email to the organisers withdrawing my place for this year, and having my entry fee credited for a future event, is this event a 'must do', or is it just hype? Please advise.

Comments

• gunforhiregunforhire Posts: 457
    The Sprint event isn't particularly spectacular anyway because all you do is ride around Excel.
    That's not to say that it's not a great day/event for those new to Sprint distance but it sounds like you've outgrown Sprints.
    It's only the Olympic that takes you into London itself.
  • TRIumphantTRIumphant Posts: 850
    First reply, and I'm convinced, I'm out of it.
  • MowfMowf Posts: 272
    How can you outgrow sprints? Surely there is still the challenge of doing it faster? Otherwise what is the point of it all?
  • I'm with Mowf on this one. It's a race-Do it faster! Who says you always have to go longer? Try and get a top ten finish or something. Or better still win it.

I did London Sprint last year and loved it, the size of the event was impressive to say the least.

In my book, London is on the must do list.
  • MGMG Posts: 470
    Nah, nothing special with London tri really, its my local event so I've done the OD a few times. Fair enough its a HYOOOOGE event but the course is a dull as dish water.

IMO its outragously over priced and the ride through london is cr*p, seriously, save your dosh and do a much more interesting event (brighton, MK, Xterra, Windsor to name but a few.........)
  • man theres always loads of hotties at the london tri...just go,....youll be cheating yourself if you dont